A Special Message to grasshopper

GTwo, Thank you so much for expressing yours and my feelings regarding:"

I agree with everything that you said in this post except for theJake heaps issue. We will probably disagree forever on this issue. With Jake Heaps, I saw a very excited, perhaps over excited, 5 star quarter back that loved his Churches University.
He was excited about being able to choose any P5 team in the nation, BUT HE CHOSE, his Church University and wanted to bring it back to the Glory Years of the middle 80’s to the early 90’s. He was so excited that he was able to bring not one, but fours 4 star players with him to bring back that glory to the Y. I see his sin, with all of that excitement, as forgetting the coaches part in bringing back that glory and forgetting the other team mates part in bringing back that glory.

Instead, this sinful 5 star QB thought that it was he and the four 4 star players that he single handedly brought to BYU that would bring back that glory. This kid was immature. This was a young kid. The head coach, not a young kid, could not deal with it. Instead of gently and politely and respectfully, yet gratefully help this young football genius learn how to deal with his recognized importance to the team, deal with the importance of the coaches in developing this QB to his fullest attention, get the team and the 5 star QB to like each other, trust each other and support each other, he destroyed the kid that could have gone to any P5 school in the nation.

The 5 star player was told that his 5 stars meant nothing until he proved himself at the Y. He was told that it was he that should be grateful to be at the Y and it is not the Y that should be grateful to have him, the five star player that ever P5 team would have liked to had. It was he that was given no respect, no appreciation and left him feeling, “What happened in this hostile environment” He was destroyed. He could not make it anywhere. He didn’t know what hit him. I think that the real sin, was not knowing how to handle any player with more stars than the coach had which was probably 3 stars at best.
That is my opinion.