A Trial Period of Change, For Success

In the 1060’s? Man, you are old :slight_smile:

David,
You and your family has suffered much this past recent seasons. As did our football and basket ball programs. I do hope and pray that for all of us, the 2019 year will be much better. I am sorry for your pain.
ron

I guess you saw something and then I changed it. My mother and dad (age 91) has suffer too much for one good reason and 2 bad one year 2018. My dad was going down hill but my mother last January was going to add bird seeds in a bird feeders in the snow and fell on the ice and fractured one leg above her new knee (several places) and had to bed rest for almost 5 months (metal plate). Her Neighbor in Draper, Utah were awesome people. Then dad pass away in Oct 2018. Four days mom fell again in the kitchen and fracture another location on her replacement hip. The doctor said the surgery may not be successful when replacing the hip the 2nd time or she can walk around with a walker for a while (or longer). She chose 2nd option. She is mentally sharp and physically able to get around except she had this stupid slipper somehow turned on her (whatever than mean). I told her year 2019 will be better and she felt better.

David it is always hard to lose a parent. (Your dad). Your 91-year-old Mom is fortunte to still have a sharp mind. I hope I will at that age. I choose to keep my painful lower five badly deteriated disc, and sacram next to them instead of surgery. I choose to keep the painful knee with no cartledge, rubbing bone against bone instead of knee replacement. Stuburn I guess in my case. The necessity in your mom’s case. At our age, your mom and I, the kids just have to let us have our way for what time we do have left. Happy New year to you and to your mom.

Too bad we are not TinMan where we could add oil to our joints :slight_smile:
Roy thank you for being kind and thoughtful. Anyway, when will Dave Rose will call it a quit coaching at BYU?

thawk,

I really believe that those impatient and demanding more wins per season, are either not aware of, or they have forgotten, that we are playing the toughest schedules in the history of BYU Football.

Those fans yearn for the good old days when we had 10-2 seasons in the MWC playing all G5 teams. To me, these are the great days while we are learning how to play vs a near P5 schedule. No pain, No gain.

I would rather be considered to be an Independent that plays the most difficult schedule of any non-P5 conference team than to be a G5 conference team that is only a mid-major D1 team.

My hope is that within a very short time, 2-3 years from now, after constant improvement, we will be considered by all College football, as an Independent P5 team. The only thing better than this is to be competitive in a P5 conference.