Any updates on Zack Wilson’s injury?

The difference between Wilson and the other QB’s is quite simple…

Wilson spent most of the summer in your neck of the woods (California) spending time with Russell Wilson and John Beck’s QB training facilities. He has spent I believe 3 years down there during the summer.

The kid was ready when he came to BYU, I think Grimes wanted to feel more comfortable with his knowledge of the play book before inserting him as the starter.

I love G Bax but I think the key to our recently improved play is someone else…Emery. He and Haws play well together. They are always in sync. Emery gives us that third creator after Haws and Childs. I actually think Cannon could create more but he either lacks confidence or has been instructed to not be overly aggressive offensively.

In the beginning, Childs was dominating long before Baxter even with double teaming him. So, that answers your silly statement.
Maybe if Luke had played more minutes he would have had at least 5 points and more rebounds. That answers that silly statement.
It was good that players played under 30 minutes. They will be better ready for tomorrow’s game.
However, you still lack the knowledge and understanding to see that Baxter wasn’t ready and Rose developed him well during practices after his 2 year mission. Baxter also lacked confidence as well. The good thing is it only took half a season to get him ready.

I agree completely. On the other hand, Baxter wasn’t ready after his mission. He didn’t play last year and get the type of training Wilson did. And, Baxter didn’t know the system either like Wilson did. And, Wilson didn’t start at the beginning of the season either. Just like Baxter.

This comment tells you all about the injury… and why it was important to get it fixed…
“It was just taking him longer and longer to warm up in practices each day and for games. At the end of the season, it was taking quite a while to get warmed up. It began as five, then 10 or more minutes. There were a bunch of us who were involved in the decision with his parents. We wanted to take care of him. We care about his future and not just now and winning games. It was time to get it cleaned up. It’s going to be fine and he is getting the best care. It is not going to be a problem.” Aaron Roderick

Other wcc teams don’t guard him at all which they knew Luke doesn’t do much anywhere. Every time we are short handed when Luke play.

That’s facts.

By contrast, GBax spends a lot of time on offense on the baseline about halfway between the hoop and the sideline. And the defense always is aware of him and stays near - which opens up the lane for Haws and others. By contrast, this doesn’t happen with Luke.

A prime example for Grasshopper is a play last night in the 2nd Half when Haws drove the lane and GBax lurked in his normal spot, like a Cougar hunting his prey. But defenders hung near GBax and Haws floated in the soft uncontested layup right down main street.

The reason why I like to hear from the Larimer Brothers is…they know the game. They know how teams get scouted. Worthington has been a train wreak since he walked on campus…we couldn’t wait to see a Baxter get time. Rose should have been FIRED for the way we treated Baxter, and Dastrup and others. Favoritism of CRAPPY players playing ahead of ligit players has cost BYU Wins, NCAA invites and most clearly potential recruits that we will never know about.

That’s Facts

But Chris… they weren’t ready. :roll_eyes:

They weren’t… you are correct :hugs:

Perfect time for Wilson to have this surgery. He will be up to speed by fall and better than ever. In the meantime, BYU gets a good look at Hall and that decides the backup qb, in case the unthinkable happens to Wilson. Maybe Hall is a poor man’s Taysom Hill, that contributes throughout the season. Anyway looking forward to spring practice

Yes, agreed. Unrelated, Tanner Mangum is working out in SoCal preparing to play at the next level. I follow him on IG, and he looks to be in great shape.

I don’t hold out any hope for Mangum at the next level. I would say that it is a 99.9% probability he is not going to be in the NFL … even in a practice squad situation. But I am sure that he has had this as a goal of his and has to give it a try.

If Wilson thinks he will have an easy time putting Jaren Hall in the rearview mirror, he is deceiving himself. This operation was done now to give him more flexibility in the shoulder but don’t think Hall isn’t a good enough athlete to beat Wilson out. I am not predicting that will happen but I won’t be surprised to see how shocked everyone will be when we do get a glimpse of his QB abilities.

Hard to say until he gets the reps in the spring, but I hope he is as good as you believe him to be. Competition makes everyone try harder and I always disliked it when coaches played favorites, like Rose has done in the bb program.

I’ll always wish Mangum the best of luck. He is a class act

Yes, he is. He always did his best and will always be remembered for those improbable victories over Nebraska and Boise State.

With him, I wonder, as I’m sure he does, how he would have done playing at a school with better players surrounding him.

Wisconsin. biggest of them all. I think Tanner had a lot to do with Wilson’s development as well, class act.

“Next level” meaning HS coaching, right?

roflol. Very funny. I actually know a little more about all this but I can’t share as I got the info from Tanner’s brother, who is a close friend of mine.

But to answer your question, next level means professional football.