Arch rivals give us 11 TOs and Taysom manages to lose both

“What might have been” yes, are we becoming BYU/Cubie fans (well not this year for them) because that is what it is year after year after year after year, etc. Errrr . . . no, we are not becoming. We R them.

Tom Holmoe and Co. must be hoping this coaching decision will look a lot smarter 10-20 years down the road when Taysom moves on and makes megabucks in the financial sector. You never want to alienate your future big donors. :moneybag: Please don’t take that comment seriously. But, I don’t know that Detmer could have played the hand he was dealt any differently. He had to think that a Heisman hopeful from a year ago was a pretty safe bet. Plus, Hill made a courageous effort to get back into playing form. The coaches loved Hill’s leadership. Unfortunately, he seems to have been unable to regain the confidence and skill he had before the injury. By the way, I shed a tear or two and whimpered a bit and felt a little better. I just tell my coworkers it’s because of the election and they just nod and pat me on the back.

1 Like

keep in mind that Tanner also accomplished his 8-4 season without Williams.

BYU doesn’t have the depth to go Fast, Go Hard.

Yes we do. As much as last year.

No Scott, we don’t…

Here is something you do not consider… when you implement the GFGH schema, an Offensive lineman will participate in about twice as many plays as a normal scheme.

Ask any person who has ever played the line, and they will tell you it is one of the most demanding physical position of any player.

The GFGH schema breaks the body down on those lineman.

Last year we had Rykers (injured all season) Johnson, Korma(sp) Wilcox, and Kanuchi/Lapuaho anchoring the line, they played most of the season.
Rykers graduated, Johnson is out due to injury (knee and back), Wilcox failed academically, Kanuch has been nursing injuries, Lapuaho out with injury.

So NO, we do not have the depth right now…

Do you know what the depth chart looks like? Maybe we do…

Here you go… check it out…

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/brigham-young/90222

REMEMBER the backups right now has very little D1 Football experience.

Yuk. If we had any OL depth we wouldn’t be starting not one, but TWO FCS guys!!! It speaks volumes to me that an OL coach would play “one and done” FCS guys over guys already in the program who got FBS schollies out of HS. I might note that our OL coach thinks so little of our OL depth that he wouldn’t replace our LG (one of the FCS players) even after his penalty yards vs BSU were greater than our first half passing yards.

1 Like

The good news is that last year’s starting left guard Kyle Johnson should be back pretty soon…

Yes, Tanner had the better receiving corp and Taysom has the better running corp (Williams/Canada). I like the Monson article on the QB situation at BYU. It pretty much sums up my take on the situation.

At this point in the season, there are a ton of BYU fans that would love to see Tanner in action so he can progress and get ready for next year. If BYU can get a nice lead on a team, maybe we’ll see Tanner on the field.

If Hill cannot win the next 4 games or at least 3 of the next 4 and Tanner continues to sit and sit and sit. Then they are missing out on prepping Tanner for next year. And that would be a major mistake.

I would be shocked if Tanner did not get major reps going forward. We are not playing for anything so play the future

1 Like

If I were Tanner I won’t want to play this year. I would want to safe this year so I could have 3 years to play. Why give up a year at this point in the season. Let one of the other QB’s play. Safe my year.

There has been reports that Tanner rejected a red shirt year and has already made a “cameo” appearance in one of the games. And I would wager that next year will be his only future year with BYU due to his age being a factor in a possible NFL career.

Tanner had a kneel down in the victory formation on the final play of the Mich State game. That play burned his redshirt. In two years he will have NFL scouts all over him and there will be no reason for him to play a senior year at 26 years old. Biological clock is ticking and he’s already wasted a year when the scouts could have seen him against a lot of top flight programs. I actually feel bad for him…

Yes, I feel bad for him too.

Good grief! Who says he’s all that good? How many great QBs have we had like him? And some played a while as backups. Some were starters for a few games. Not even our Heisman was a starter in the NFL.

When Tanner is a starter next season and doing well, just remember to point this same crap out then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scott, are you really this dumb? or are you trying just get a rise out of someone?

Tanner not good? are you serious? How many recruits have we had that won the Elite 11 award for the best QB? Have you forgotten last year performance?

He made Freshman of the year…for being home less than 6 months from his mission, I think that is quite the accomplishment.

1 Like