Baylor Post Mortem and Moving Forward

Arkie: Right on, BYU football is less than average. I don’t know how we beat Utah and ASU? Hall is less less than average as a QB.

Hall looked completely below average today. A couple weirdly thrown high balls in the first half and Roderick wouldn’t even trust him enough to target Puka or Gunner a single time. Note in the second half did he even attempt a pass downfield? Nope.

So one average team beat another average team by 2 points in front of 22k fans. Riveting.

Oh good grief. Less than average? Do you know anything about football? We have beat 4 P5’s. Including all the PAC 12 schools. 6-2 with this schedule and we are less than average?

All I know is that I fell asleep about 3 times during the game today.

You can look at my comment to Arkie. Your opinion is ridiculous. I would like to see if Algiers can run efficiently with Romney in as well. But, we are not average. We are 6-2 and probably back close to #20. How many D1 teams are there? Average?

You must have a problem with your prescription. What game were you watching? It was exactly what Tom said it was and everyone who knows anything about football gets it.

“one average team beat another average team by 2 points in front of 22k fans… riveting”

You nailed it Larimer.

Nope…Washington State had won 3 in a row and had their game roaring. Those were two great teams playing each other. There is real parody in College football and probably in basketball as well. Teams had to get back to where they were before the pandemic. But, apparently it’s beyond you to understand. 191 yards rushing by Algiers was awesome and exciting. Especially in the rain. And, I could tell the coaches fixed the wet ball problem.

If WSU and BYU are “great”, then what do you classify all the teams ranked in front of them, teams with better records ranked behind them, etc.? Your classification system is about as flawed as your perception and analysis are.

grasshopper: “There is real parody in College football . . .”
Me: Parody? Yes, I believe there really is.

Depends on the strength of schedule. And 7 P5’s tell the tale this year.