Beat Utah @ Provo 8/29/19

I rolled my eyes many times when some cougarfans people and including Jason Buck wanting to go back to G5. I don’t want to go back! Also (changing some subject), IF WE HAD GOTTEN KYLE WHITTINGHAM AT BYU, we would have a better quality players (maybe) but HE CAN TEACH HIS PLAYERS TO PLAY BETTER FOOTBALL!!!

For my response below:
1 Would it make our team better? Not much if you talking about G5 league

2 Would it give the program more money? LESS. Too many teams to share in a conference even if there is any money left after playing in the bowl game.

3 Would it allow us to get better recruits? NO or stay the same. Honor Code stays the same, high academic - Unless BYU choose to loosen up in this academic idea

4 Would it result in being on TV more? Bye bye mostly ESPN, bye bye major netoworks like NBC/FOX, hello some odd hard to get network and goodbye BYUtv (and no replays)

5 Would it fill LES with more fans? Yes because they (AAC/MWC) are not FCS like Idaho State, Liberty,UMASS, etc.

6 Would it allow for football to provide money for all the other sports on campus? How did we did it when we were with WAC/MWC?

7 Would it attract better coaches? Only LDS (temple holder) can be the head coach and there are very few of them. We won’t get Kyle Whitt as long P5 continue to pay him a lot. We can still get better coaches (sometime)

8 Would it lesson our expenses as a program? Not sure how to answer that one

9 Would be get us a better bowl if we win 6 games? Sometime. But if we went undefeated, possible NY6

10 The list goes on and on. YUP TRUE!!!

Good points.

I edited some things above list for my response. I am adding more list below.

1. Are we going to continue those future 3-5 P5 Universities on our each year schedules? We more likely have to cancel or reschedule most of those future games. Or pay big fines if canceling the future games.

2. From #12 above - we will reduce down to 1 or maybe 2 games per year against P5 games and maybe we play one more P5 if BYU qualified for NY6 bowl (more unlikely). It is hard to go undefeated or one loss every year (or every few years). WHY GIVE UP 4-6 GAMES AGAINST P5 EACH YEAR IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO G5 LEAGUE AND LOSE MANY TV DEAL???

3. Do we want to go back to G5? I see some of you yes and others no. Me? No!!!

Craig_Larimer,
You are truly a voice of reason.