Bronco's Cavaliers pitch a shutout

He made the comment just after he got the head coaching job at BYU…

He wanted to let the fans he was not planning on being there as long as Lavell. Frankly, I thought he would be gone within five years…

I didn’t know the Lord doesn’t choose his leaders and judges representing him. Now, it’s BYU that makes that decision? Tom Holmo? If the Lord calls Sitaki to be a bishop, so be it. Just like other bishops who most have full-time jobs.

You mean BYU doesn’t have to lower their admission requirements? I agree. Look for great athletes who value education as well.

Virginia has as tough as BYU academic standards. Tougher. And, do you really think Bronco doesn’t want his players to be of good character? I agree that the $5 million was his reason for leaving.

Try again…

Jim,

I agree with your opening post in its entirety. Virginia shut out an SEC team 28-0. Virginia fans should be pleased. Somebody here posted that South Carolina wasn’t very good. I guess it is all relative. They were 7-5 playing in the SEC so I think they were pretty good. Definitely far better than Western Michigan and many other teams that made bowl games.

I thought Anae called a great game. I was never one of those big Anae critics. He tends to be a bit conservative but Hill thrived under him when he was healthy. The Virginia QB is a bit like Hill (not quite as good but very athletic) and Anae fashioned his offense to the strengths of his QB.

Hawks, thank you for your post. Bronco is and always has been a great coach and a great person. Our entire program performed better under his watch than since–in discipline, academics, and between the lines. Kalani may get back there and I hope he does, because he seems like a fantastic guy. But BYU’s loss is Virginia’s gain, and I’m super happy for Bronco and his staff. Beating South Carolina 28-0 in a bowl games looks pretty da$# impressive to me from any vantage point.

Yeh shutting out SC Was a great effort as they scored 30+ on Clemson

The only problem Bronco had was that he was not Lavell Edwards and that was the problem the fans had with him. I was always a Bronco fan. Not everybody can be a Lavell Edwards.but Lavell’s record his last 10 years was no better than Bronco’s record… Lavell couldn’t even live up to Lavell at the end of his career. .