Byu at the half again specific

Best news I’ve heard since it happened! Why are the papers reporting it as a knee injury?

It would be nice to have a press release to clarify!

He also landed funny. So, the quads attach at the knee and he felt it there. And still may have stiffness in the quad and at the knee. I’m surprised that he will play. Leg bruises can be dangerous if not treated properly.

If I’m not mistaken, that was the first game all year that we did not play any zone defense–you know, the one where our guy jumps at a pump fake and then everyone else scrambles to chase the swing passes and it ends with a guy shooting an uncontested three? Yeah, THAT zone…in our loss to SMC earlier this year, recall it was a tight game midway through the first half. We went into zone, and SMC then scored on six straight and 7 of 8 possessions before Rose got us out of zone, but the game was over then. I have some pretty close ties to the program the last several years and I can tell you there are plenty of people inside the program lobbying for us to completely ditch playing zone. Anyway, it was good to see us play solid shut down D, even if it was against an absolutely terrible team that would finish 0-18 in the PAC12.

Doesn’t it also matter who is in the floor at the time? We have run zones in the past where it has worked very well. If we had stayed in man with the players on the floor against SM it may have been worse.

RIP

but coach, we have not tried the 5-0-0 yet. hahahaha

Good one! Somebody else suggested we would do a lot better with a 3-1-3 as long as we get refs that can’t count.

With this roster I don’t think it matters at all. Our top 6 guys who get all the minutes are all athletic enough to guard man to man, but when we play zone we stink. I think Rose plays zone not because he thinks it works (no one with eyes could think that), but because he thinks it protects Mika and Childs from fouling. Ironic because when Mika was getting into trouble earlier in the year, it was due to stupid offensive fouls (moving picks up top) and offensive rebounding fouls, and not because he was fouling his guy on shot attempts. I hope to never see that zone again.

My suggestion was a 1-3-3. Don’t mess it up by association with last night’s performance!! I don’t think the refs would notice on defense, but we would be found out on offense… No way to keep one of the extra players from sneaking an extra ball into the court… Too hard to share one ball with five players, let alone 7!!

One of the areas we struggle at is finding an open spot to have the ball past to someone. Teams have figured out how to guard our guards from getting a pass and especially an open player. They actually stay in our passing lanes and create difficult passes for us. They actually have their players seeing man and ball. Our players don’t.
I don’t know if we run our offense poorly or have a terrible offense. But other teams run great motion offenses against us getting a lot of open 3’s to shoot against us. 31 last night.