BYU Dancing.....it is time to talk seeding

Byu will be a 2 seed…in the NIT.

Or, a play-in game in the NCAA’s. If the committee is honest about looking at the whole body of work with strength of schedule and Quad 1 number of games and wins, then it should be the NCAA.

The committee will consider BYU’s history in the NCAA (other than the anomalies of Ainge and Jimmer) and our momentum in the second half of the season (what have you done lately?).

NIT. Take it to the bank. There is no reason to give us the benefit of the doubt. We don’t deserve an NCAA bid,plain and simple. “Whole body of work” is irrelevant when the two halves of the season are so different — and, it’s the last half when the wheels came off. If we started bad and got red hot later, it would be different. Momentum is everything, especially when you don’t get a pass like other schools.

The committee stated they are using the same criteria as last year in that they look at the whole body of work and Quad 1 wins in the first of the year count as much as quad 1 wins last week. How teams end isn’t a consideration unless they beat Quad 1 teams or win the conference tournaments. The analyst who uses the committee’s methods had us a 12 seed before this past week’s tournaments. That’s all I’m saying. You are using an old method.

With that said, we still look NIT bound. But I’m hoping the committee will have integrity.

Just something I have learned over the years: What people “say” and what people “do” are often 2 different things.

Yep! But last year they Did what they said they would do. Could be different this year.

Glad you are now qualifying your comment from a couple days ago. Why didn’t you say it then? Like the media, if it doesn’t promote an agenda, don’t talk about it. Nice. The results of league tournaments put another stamp on the already sealed envelope.

So if BYU doesn’t get an invite it is because the committee doesn’t have integrity? Nonsense… not that they are known for their integrity but to say inviting BYU means they have integrity is ridiculous. I agree with Rubicon. If BYU was playing and winning games the second half of the season like they were in the first half of the season I don’t think we would be having the discussion. They would be in.

They are NIT invitees, as the tournament describes… National Invitational Tournament

Lastly, this thread started on January 18, almost 2 months ago after BYU had just taken 2 of 3 from St. Mary’s and San Francisco with a loss to Gonzaga inbetween. Interesting how things change, not surprising that the wcc schedulers would do that to BYU… something that has plagued the Cougars since entering the wcc and won’t end until they leave it.

I’m almost never right, and I hoped I wouldn’t be right this time.