BYU did not make it to the big dance

Nobody is being “vilified”… calm down. The missionary service is a great thing and pretty much expected of them because of their religious beliefs. It is a completely independent decision and not part of their basketball lives. It interrupts but is not part of it. Does serving a mission make players unaccountable for the way they play the game? Should they be allowed to do whatever they want on the basketball court because they served a mission? I mean what is your point?

It is okay to hold a player accountable for his play. It will make them better players ultimately. There sure is a lot you don’t understand…

First off, BYU would not be unbeatable with those players. Second, BYU is in the NIT and they are without Bryant now.

Lastly, you continue to ignore the chemistry and ability to play as a team issue. You have this bizarre idea that it doesn’t matter, based on Kobe and Shaq. :laughing: Frank Jackson is a good player. I’ve seen him play several times and he has some real skills, but he wouldn’t make BYU unbeatable. At the start of the season you had BYU going to the ncaa tourney and winning a game or two so your ability to predict the future is not very good.

They feel vilified. Jackson didn’t want to come. I think it’s because of the fans. They vilify those that don’t go on missions unless you are Danny Ainge or Jimmer. They vilify because you are trying your hardest and are called selfish. Emery won’t leave but I wouldn’t be surprised if Mika enters the draft. Haws may try out UVU.
People have to understand that 2 years off makes a difference. Rose wants them out on the court. Of course Haws makes mistakes. But there was no one on the bench close to his production ability and talent.

We would have had a great point guard and great defender. Especially in the WCC. What a great asset he would have been.

There is no way you can possibly know how the players feel. Jackson didn’t come because he had the opportunity to go to Duke and prepare himself for a NBA career. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with the fans.

What player, that has not served a mission, has been “vilified” by the fans?

There was no one on the bench who got enough playing time to be able to help out the team this season. They knew their role, to come in and pass the ball to the LPme… There needs to be some significant changes in the off season or this team will look the same this fall.

Wait… I thought BYU had the elite talent now. It appears that talent maybe isn’t the key. Let’s look at the big picture here… Rose coached teams have performed much better with lesser talent, so is it really his fault? A lot of fans have blamed the coaching, which is just another way to not hold the players accountable for their performance. Next year will be a defining one. I just hope there isn’t a new round of excuses if the LPme doesn’t live up to the hype. I hope they surpass expectations because I don’t want to hear anymore grasshopper excuses.

No one in the bench would have helped win 23 games. We would have been 11-23 at best without him. Beo can’t create their own shot. Neither can any of the other guards.

Mika comes about as close to elite as we have on this team. He’s a great player but he needs a supporting cast. It is pretty devastating to lose three starters to knee injuries. If you argue that Rose deserves a pass this year, it would be because of the injuries to starters. It is really uncanny how the injury bug has bit starters on this team this year.

yes, Rose gets a pass on all those injuries.

No, Jackson did not feel comfortable coming to BYU and the way Rose runs his offense, don’t get me started on defense because there isn’t any

We will go as far as our guards, Emery-Haws can take us, losing Bryant is a big big deal, he was playing very good ball the last 3rd of the season. If Emery-Haws play out of control, BYU loses, and that has happened all season long

You missed the point again. It’s not about the coaching. It’s about the offensive scheme. Where are the pick and rolls, screens and spacing? Bryant should take the point and Haws spotting up along with Emery. Bryant has better court vision than Haws. Haws has to work in keeping his head up when he drives.

Emery has to stay on his feet. Haws needs to keep his head up while driving and pass if players are open.