BYU guard Jesse Wade entering transfer portal

Here is a real good article about what happened at BYU… They are no different than any other school in regards to transfer…

BYU basketball: Why Cougars had four players enter transfer portal - Deseret News

1 Like

Pope was in a bind with availability of scholarships-this works out according to plan-don’t be surprised if one of the 4 don’t come back as a non-scholarship player

I put my Monopoly money on Lee…

Hard to say-i’ll put mine on Harding-he is the biggest loss

Unless he gets better and works harder in the off-season to be more offense-minded he may do better in a division 2 league

His defense once Pope played him against UCLA was impressive. Hustle and defense go a long way in my book.

Yes his defense was great and I thought he was one of the better interior passers on the team.

This year he never looked to score much even when he had open looks…

In my opinion, Harding was just a good all-around player and was smart with the ball.

Every game I’d watch him. He stopped catching a pass in triple threat position. Several times he was open with a good shot. I don’t know what the problem was. I’d say “shoot!” and he would never look at the basket.

Is this a big deal? He should move on to a D-2 program or some lesser talented team and conference.

Agreed except that I don’t think Lee is skilled enough regardless of where he is on the court.

Key point here is that so many of these kids think they have the talent/skill to “go pro” when in reality, they don’t. Honestly we live in a culture and society that has become delusional and in need of a serious reality check. Of the players that have been listed I don’t see one who has the talent to play professionally and people need to stop telling them they can.

Nah, never know what ones ceiling is. Overseas is an option now as well. Players need to play to get better. I’m sure their exit meeting with the coach let them know they won’t get the time nor the scholarship so off they go. But I would not tell a kid not to go for their dreams…

Read what I said…

Are you back on the “no reading comprehension ability” train again?

Hop off and think about it for a minute. Nobody said anything about chasing dreams, I just said they need a reality check. I thought it was classic what Lee said about “his childhood dream to play for BYU”. I have said many times that is why BYU limits their potential to improve, they are too busy fulfilling the make a wish dreams of Utah and Idaho HS players who shouldn’t be there. Lee needs to go play for Idaho State where he has a chance of being a “star”.

who says he wants to be a star?
his wife is on schollie for Juddy.

1 Like

Lee played well as a full In player. He just didn’t get better this year. Harding the same way. He was the most disappointing with his progression. He got worse on offense. He stopped looking for shots.

He played well but didn’t get better?

Umm… okay.

I would like to know where he will go? UVU maybe if his wife is on schollie for Juddy like Harold says. Maybe Harold could let us know if he is close with “Juddy”… :laughing:

I am more concerned about the BYU Women’s team losing Harding’s wife Paisley. She is the great one. Gutsy!

Yes, but if Connor goes to UVU, where he could definitely play more, then I see no reason for Paisley to leave BYU.