BYU has the "feel" of a team that has turned the corner

I am not writing to you, Aro, but more of a general response…

When I write, “this team has the “feel” of a team that has turned the corner”. I refer to the soul of the team. Here are the points where Sitake differs greatly from Bronco.

Sitake is a player’s coach. They will run through walls for him, a Edwards trait.

You touched on it…Anae drove me bonkers, Detmer has a two year honeymoon and when he has his guys with time in the system, a couple of years, watch out. He has not disappointed so far…as far as recruiting Detmer runs circles around Anae. Circles

Now for the things that will become more evident as time passes, Sitake is attracting better recruit s talent wise, transfers and with a couple of years in the system, those things will become evident. Tolalau comes to mind as a recruit Bronco would have never gotten.

Ed Lamb is a guy that not only IDs good talent but he develops NFL kids, as should Detmer, as does Sitake. All three of these guys are exceptional recruiters and that will show down the road.

To come in your 1st year and lose 4 games by a total of 8 points tells me that that these coaches are on the same page, they all get along together and listen to each other and puts the players to ease. Makes them feel like they are all a part of a well run machine. (a big reason why we have not heard of Bernard transferring) They all want to be a part of something big. A whole lot of love here on the football team and word is getting out, recruits are hearing about it.

hearing fans gripe about Portland makes me laugh…we won 20-6. Last I checked, that is a win. I’m pretty sure Detmer said that he was not going to show LSU a lot of our play book. I saw a very vanilla game so how is this any different from what Detmer said we should expect to see?

Lastly, Bronco left the BYU program in very good shape. He inherited a somewhat sick program and left it a healthy one but Bronco had his ceiling and he had hit it, he could not beat Utah and to BYU that is paramount. Sitake will take BYU to the next level…it has that “feel” to it. That is all

1 Like

I hope you are correct. I am cautiously optimistic. This week will tell us a lot more about BYU than last week. I just hope they can find a venue for it outside of New Orleans.