BYU opens with win

I’m sure glad Basketball season started. The Football team has been so painful to watch lately. Basketball can’t be any worse… :wink:

The thing is, Long Beach wasn’t any better than UVU. LBS shot like 31%. We should have been able to blow them out early. But, we do this stupid weave offense and throw the ball away with a real pressure defense.
Also, aside from the obvious (free throw shooting) too much one on one dribbling. I’d like to see way more dump into the post throughout the game. Don’t rely on the three shot so much. More inside out play.

Good one Russ… this was not a nice past couple of days. I do disagree with SG that LBSU wasn’t any better than UVU. They were obviously much better. LBSU would beat UVU 9 of 10. I will agree with Scot that BYU needs to do way more inside out stuff. The 3 point shot that is available after a pass into the low post is a high percentage one… the shooter is squared to the basket and he can catch and shoot in rhythm.

Anyhow, I don’t think I have been more frustrated with a BYU football and basketball game played together… only worse if BYU football had played Michigan.

1 Like

Well, had BYU shot 70% free throws, turned the ball over half as much and went inside out more we would have won by 25 - 30 points. So, I really don’t think they were better than UVU. What they had was a more experienced coach who played BYU to protect against the 3 point shot and get in the passing lanes. The coach even said afterwards they would rather defend the 3’s against us rather than the post scoring.