BYU ranked #15 in the CFP

Pac 12 is the weakest of the P5 leagues. Better than the Mountain West and AAC but not by much. I would rank them better than any G6 league because they do have about 7 good teams, two average teams, and 3 weak teams. They don’t have any playoff worthy team right now unless Oregon really kicks butt down the stretch. No G6 league has as many good teams as the PAC12. That said Cincinnati is better than any Pac 12 team regardless of the bull crap CFP rankings. Those are a rigged game to keep out G6 teams whenever one of them gets ranked high in the traditional polls. We might as well go back to letting the national champion get proclaimed by the coaches and the AP after the bowl games and forget the playoffs until they get serious about it and expand it to at least 8 teams, preferably 12 teams with a guarantee that the highest ranked G6 team has a place at the table. I think Cincinnati would beat Oregon and maybe anybody but Alabama and Georgia.

The PAC 12 out of conference record is proof positive that they are the weakest of the P5 leagues. I don’t think it is debatable. I have said it in another post, but I will repeat, the PAC 12 has been looking better lately because they are playing each other and not out of conference games anymore. I won’t denigrate the BYU wins over PAC twelve teams because 3 of them were wins over good teams that would be among the top 2 or 3 in any G6 league. BYU has 5 P5 wins this year and that is something we should celebrate but right now I think being ranked 15 might be too high. Rankings don’t mean much anyway until all the bowls and the playoffs are over and then a top 15 ranking would mean something.

A New Years bowl is out of the question. I suppose there is about a 1% chance. Five or six teams ranked above BYU would have to implode and BYU would have to win out.

Agreed on your NYD bowl assessment. The CFP committee is ruled by the P5, and the P5 is ruled by $. One non P5 team gets into either the playoff or a NYD bowl. Cincy is a lock, and I can’t imagine any way in he$$ a room full of P5 execs is gonna let another non P5 conference get that extra money. Even 3 or 4 loss SEC or Big10 teams would go to a NYD game before a 2 loss BYU.

With BYU going into the Big12, and they ranked them #15 (Not 20 like you and others were thinking) If BYU wins out, we get that New Years Bowl.

Apparently the Hopper believes that he is part of the bowl selection committee now. The delusion never ends… :crazy_face:

We will see what happens.