BYU ranked 18 preseason

18. [BYU]Nice article at ESPN

(BYU Cougars Football - Cougars News, Scores, Stats, Rumors & More | ESPN): Replacing rushing production

Tyler Allgeier’s departure for the NFL leaves 1,606 rushing yards to be replaced next season, a hole that is tough to understate. For the past two seasons, Allgeier’s reliability has been one of the primary reasons BYU has sustained such a high level of success. Lopini Katoa experienced some success in a backup role in 2021 (61 carries, 242 yards), but he’s not as proven as Cal transfer Christopher Brooks, who has enrolled after committing to BYU last month. If coach Kalani Sitake can get a better sense of what the rotation should be coming out of spring ball, it will check an important box. – Bonagura

Jamaal Williams, Tyler Algeier and the transfer portal are the reasons why BYU can get high level players to come. Of course Fred Warner, Brady Christensen and others help as well.

All of which bodes well for the impending move to the Big 12.

On that note, watching basketball as Kansas plays Texas and it looks like the Jayhawks will win in OT thanks to some timely calls by the officials in KU’s favor as well as a crowd that appears desperate for the Jayhawks to win and a coaching staff that expects, no demands, that they get the calls. Scary…

Something that does not bode well for the Cougar basketball team looking ahead.

I knew it! I knew it! This will never end.

This is what, the second or third time you have been right?

Correct, it will never end.

On another note, Duke lost in Coach K’s last game at Cameron indoor. The officiating was pretty even in this game, Duke looked like they were in a trance a lot of the time, just expecting to win or too caught up in the hoopla of honoring Kryzewski. I know it’s spelled wrong but whatever.