Byu-smc 1/17/15

neither-Halford will always commit turnovers-just happens with his style of play. Sometimes Kyle is just a half-step slow and turns the ball over-without any inside presence it’s just not likely that BYU makes the dance unless they win the tourney. With Winder playing and Austin coming back the best scenerio is 4 conference losses, but most likely 5 and a third or fourth place finish in the conference. The Pepperdine loss at home was huge, Grasshopper and we have had stupid turnovers for much of the season, but like I have said before, it seems a lot of the time we are playing 4 on 5. Even Mika in his freshman season was better than all three of the bigs combined:) I still like watching BYU play even with 5 guards. You want to tell me Bartley wouldn’t perform better rebounding and defensively than Worthington or Neilson and you know he would score more. Maybe Rose just wants to develop the bigs and get ready for next season. Not really sure Grasshopper maybe you could enlighten Jim and I :slight_smile:

Like I said, Opimistic gut feeling". SMC is not that good, with Austin, Waldo get 1/2 of what he got…The Jackson kid had the game of his life. I warned everyone about him and the Australian, Naar but BYU is too busy guarding everyone equally and some guys you just don’t guard (like our Austin).

Anyhow, I did the math in my head and SMC will lose both to GU, one to BYU and two to a UP or Portland and that goes for everyone else. Last year we lost 6 games in conference and still were #2. We are at 3 losses and see the GU as a sure loss with hopefully getting Winder and Austin back to 100% before the Pepperdine road game, our next big test.

The sky has not fallen all the way yet.

I like to know if there is a way to get Dave Rose to explain why Bartley not playing. He does out play most of those guys but still sitting.

And which is worse mwc or wcc when comes to officiating? That last minute of the game, those refs took everything away from our team and along Dave not allowing Bartley chance of playing and winning . I don’t want to go back to mwc (no discussion from BYU) no way.