Byu Starting lineup

Watch the Thursday BYU Sports Nation. Emery was on the program explaining why and his reason. While he has a future laid out with his wife and their non-profit they are starting, he mentioned the coaching change. I think you should lay off Emery. I think He simply didn’t feel with a new coach that he could handle his own mental illness. And, he wants to help others which in return will help him and his wife. He also doesn’t sound like the jerk you paint him as. Sounds like he’s done everything right for repentance and redemption.

Watch Thursday’s BYU Sports Nation and you will hear from Emery himself. I don’t think it’s about playing time.

With the Arizona transfer, problem solved

Who is that?

Won’t help this year? Or does he get to play this year?

Neil, this is a super pick up. I went to practice on Tuesday. Got to see Alex in person. He is the Heir Apparent for TJ.

At practice were many faces that surprised me
Kyle Collingsworth
Worthington
Auston- 6’11

Spoke with Pope, Robinson, Burgess and Fueger
Covered the Childs suspension, Emery, Who the starters are and who are the main subs.

Two of the guys that I watched in practice closely were Seljaas and Wade.
Wade: smaller then I thought he would be, not at all quick, not physically cut or athletic in any way. More out of the mold of the Mr BBall’s that Rose loved to recruit. cannot create his own shot. He does not have a Point Guard mentality. Having said that, Wade is a exceptional shooter if he gets an open look and he will help the team a great deal just in floor spacing alone because guards can’t cheat on him to double Yo or Baxter or he will kill you.
Seljaas has added 20 lbs of muscle to his frame. He has a totally different look. At 6’7 he won’t be beat up if he goes inside with his new frame whereas in the past he would just get worked anytime he left the 3 point line. I always knew he had a competitive fire but his body was just too weak to do anything if his 3 wasn’t falling. Looks like he is serious about playing beyond his BYU days. Seljaas and Nixon are still poor passers from what I see.

I mentioned that TJ is thicker as well, maybe 10 more lbs on his frame.
This Borcello kid- holy cow. he is going to be fun to watch.

Where BYU will suffer is at point when TJ goes out, loosing Emery really hurts BYU because Wade in not a point and Blaze has no outside shot and is so young.

Also Pope’s practices are very different from Rose’s. He is very upbeat, almost hyped whereas Roses were laid back . Pope is a lot like Greg Popovich, everyone on the floor has a role and you have to execute perfectly or you start over. I won’t say how they are running the offense but even if you are slow, the offense is designed to get you an open look so our guards will have plenty of 3 attempts and our bigs will be tough to stop as the play goes so fast that they will have plenty of one on one matchups and if a team tries to double Childs or Baxter, it will dump out to a 40% shooting guard.

Honestly, the only worry I have is PG if TJ sits.

Worthington coming back for a 5th year?
So, are they going to try again to appeal the length of Child’s suspension?

So, you do agree losing Emery hurts? Sometimes I think you have Scott Derangement Syndrome:-) But, I agree with your analysis.