BYU Vs. LSU, Utah, Wisconsin, Miss.St., Boise State

Think LSU RB Derrius Guice and WR D.J Chark
Think Utah QB Troy Williams. (Think 6 straight losses to this team that has out shinned us this past decade.
Think Wisconsin RB Bradrick Shaw
Think of Miss. St QB Nick Fitzgeraldand his last season performance of 2,423 yards and 21 TD’s plus an additional 1375 yards rushing in the SEC.
Think of our losses of Jaamal Williams and Taysom Hill.

Now,

Remember our game in Cowboy’s brand new stadium vs #3 Oklahoma. Remember our two most recent games vs Texas. Remember the last time UCLA came to Provo. Remember ND at Provo. Remember Mangum at Nebraska. Remember Mangum at Boise State. Remember our Heissman Trophy Winner Ty Detmer, with 14 years experience in the NFL is now our QB coach and OC. Remember that Sataki is our HC and does not give time off for recuperation and relaxation until the season is over. Remember that football is important to our current coaches and they have no excuses for not coaching as they coach every legal moment they have to coach. Remember that our coaches today know how to attract key athletes and use them to their strengths and are not afraid to tell these athletes that we are proud and happy that they chose to join us.

Now

Don’t tell me that #27 BYU (College Football Ranking orlando Fl) vs # 12 LSU is a given that we will lose this game. We did not lose vs #3 Oklahoma and we will not lose vs #12 LSU.

Don’t tell me that we will lose In Provo. vs #23 Utah. It will not happen. This is the season that BYU will end the losing streak vs our very talented brothers up North. It is great seeing the friendship between their coach and ours and I hope that friendship will spread among the fanbase.

Don’t tell me that we can not beat #13 Wisconsin in Provo. Perhaps not at Wisconsin. and perhaps not on a neutral site, but at Provo, it can be done.

Don’t tell me that we can not beat #25 Boise State in Provo this year. I am telling you now, that our Cougars WILL beat Boise State, whom I have a world of respect for, in our home at La Vell Edwards Stadium.

Don’t tell me that we can not beat Miss. State AGAIN, the first time in Provo and this time in Mississippi.

Don’t tell me that with this season’s schedule, playing 4 ranked teams, 12-LSU, 13-Wisconsin, 23-Utah, and 25-Boise State that we can not reach a 10-3 season. (College football rankings/Orlando Fl)

Don’t tell me that we can not have a 10-3 season playing 4 P5 teams, LSU, Wisconsin, Utah, and Miss. State.

We now have the coaching talent where football is important and winning is necessary. We take no prisoners.
We take no time off for rest and healing until the season is over. We replace cute slogans with real football action on the field

I can guarantee each of you that if our team stays healthy, we will indeed have a 10-3 season or better. This coaching staff WILL return us to the glory years we once had. I trust them completely.

Ron Uharriet

I like your positive outlook and cannot argue with your logic!

What can I tell you Ron…

Ron, out of curiosity, who will the 3 losses be to in your Crystal ball?

One of those three losses I don’t want to see is THAT Losing to Utah! Coach Kalani Sitake and players will be ready! The three losses in my Crystal ball will be answer at the end of the season. I don’t like to predict about losing. I like to win them all :smile:

Ron, well written and you bring out many good points.

I remember OU very well. We got to Sam Bradford and just wreaked him. Pitta all alone in the end zone…ball game. But that team is long gone and we just lost record breaking QB, Taysom Hill and Williams…68% of our offensive production. Sounds terrible until you see who is coming in to fill the shoes.

I see BYU’s defense great against the run and for once very good against the pass. Question marks will be on Dline, Running Back and Receiver. I think our D will be as good or better than 2016. I see BYU as passing 65% of the time, about the complete opposite over 2016’s run game.

Just clone two Big Mo’s in the middle and have Kaufusi and Takitaki on the edges…be very tough. The rest of the D is solid. Receiver is full of question marks…everywhere…but also full of untested talent. Running back has Canada but I think the real stars will be Hall and Tolatau and an unknown, Fonua.
BYU football 2017 running backs preview: Is there any hope in replacing a legend? - Vanquish The Foe

Predictions…Tanner Mangum will have a breakout year and leave for the NFL. Our Oline will be very good in pass blocking as well as moving the ball. We will score on teams with weapons everywhere.

Portlandia…good tune up. they are better than people think.
LSU…road game. not the 16 point blow out that Vegas says. but road game and our young Dline say Loss
Utah…we love thee…to lose. BYU will face a stiff Ute D but Tanner has it figured out. Win
Wisconsin…We are tough on the Run. Win
BSU…BSU has a veteran QB and many tricks…and many Turnovers…Win
Miss State…has an NFL QB, Fitz. and it is on the road. We should lose but this game is for a new year’s game. BYU Win

Special year.

Fish,

I like the way you think and the way you write with knowledge.
“Predictions…Tanner Mangum will have a breakout year and leave for the NFL. Our Oline will be very good in pass blocking as well as moving the ball. We will score on teams with weapons everywhere”.

“Portlandia…good tune up. they are better than people think.
LSU…road game. not the 16 point blow out that Vegas says. but road game and our young Dline say Loss
Utah…we love thee…to lose. BYU will face a stiff Ute D but Tanner has it figured out. Win
Wisconsin…We are tough on the Run. Win
BSU…BSU has a veteran QB and many tricks…and many Turnovers…Win
Miss State…has an NFL QB, Fitz. and it is on the road. We should lose but this game is for a new year’s game. BYU Win”

“Special year”.

If I were a betting man, which I would not admit to, I would take out a second T.D. on my house and bet the maximum that I could get on that loan and take the 16 points and choose B Y U and win a pot full wth the points and odds now being offered, I am not yet convienced that BYU will lose to LSU, however, I know that they will not lose by 16 points. Ourcoaches are just too good to let that happen, and while our Cougars, many of the play makers, are young and inexperienced, they are much better athletes than what we have been use to. A big plus, is that our current coaches, let our play makers play to their own strengths instead of trying to force them to be what they are not.

I totally agree with the rest of your assessment. Thanks for your reply. Ron

Dew,

#12 Wisconsin (But played in Provo)
#13 LSU (Played at a neutrual site but just a few hundred miles from LSU) (Opening game is a Plus for BYU)
#23 Utah (Played at Provo) (Sataki will not allow us to go 7 straight losses) (The fan base inProvo will not allow a loss)
#25 Boise State can not beat us in Provo. They are still a great team, but not as great as recent past years.
#27 BYU (College Sports/Orlando Florida Ranking)
#30 Mississippi State (@ Miss St. (They lost to us last season at Provo- They are hungry for a win in Miss.)

Based on the above informaition, the best I could do is predict that we will win at least one of thefour listed above plus all others scheduled to play us in 2017. This does not mean that I believe that we will lose 3 of the 4 above. I actually believe that with no injuries, no stage fright, no unforseen problems, it is possible, not probably, but possible that we could win all of these games.

Once again remember #3 Oklahoma; remember the last 2 games vs. Texas; Remember the last time UCLA came to Provo; Remember the last time ND came to provo. Much more to remember that suggest that virtually anything is possible. (Remember the miracle of 1984, also the Miracle Bowl vs SMU ( A power house at that time) and 1991. Miracles do happen. It could happen again in 2017.

Thawk,

I promise you we will not lose to Utah in Provo in 2017. I promise. It won’t happen. Cut and past and save. If I am wrong, I will send you a check for $5.00 at an addressed of your choice.

Also, even though Miss. St. lost to us in Provo last year, and is now out for revenge, if not retrobution, this season in Mississippi, I do want to remind you of the back to back games we had last with Texas. I think this will be another win.

Looking for another Miracle, and Miracles do happen in BYU football, the home game in Provo vs Wisconsin just might give our Cougars something to Crow about. It could happen.

We will beat Boise State in Provo.

The far and long shot is vs LSU. With all the downsides for us in this game, the one upside is it is our first major game of the season (Not Portland St.), and recent history tells us that we do very well the first main game of the season. Most recently (Nebraska) (Arizona) (Texas) (etc)

Remember, I am not predicting 3 losses. I am saying that 3 losses is our worse case scenario. (10-3)

In my heart, I believe I should trust my brain, which tells me this could be another one of those significiant seasons, in a category of Lavel’s 1984 Championship; like Lavels Miracle Bowl vs Power house of the day, SMU; like Lavel’s 1991 Heisman, Ty Detmet, Trophy winner; like Crowtons #5 in the Nation almost BCS buster, and now, like this coaching staff is poised to make the noise that will make this another memorable year.

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!! That game against SMU was a miracle that I should have kept on watching but that day I had to go to my cousin wedding dinner with some 5 minutes left in the game. Dang me for missing that one. All others were amazing! And I will be watching the whole month of September on my TV (well Streaming, I cut the cord). :smile:
My only worry against LSU, the game start late and will it strike midnight (Central Time) with some remaining time on the clock? We continue or go home? Good thing the weather won’t be a factor because of indoor stadium.

Thanks David.

Ron

Grasshopper, Scott,

Tell me what you believe to be true for this 2017 season.

Remember the new approach to coaching and recruiting that we are not experiencing.
Remember we now have coaches, each and everyone of them that believes that football is important.
Remember that our coaches now play our athletes to their skills and doesn’t try to change them to something they are not.

Remembe that this group a coaches are all about teaching skills and not spending their time on cute slogans.
These coaches are coaching to win games, and not just the easy games, but all the important games aas well. Every game is important.

Thank you David.

I would like to hear from you regarding your projected outcome for the season and vs. each team we play if possible.
Ron

I remember before we face Hawaii that we were “Not Given Consideration to Play in the BCS Game”. Was it because of Luke Stailey broken leg or we were not good enough? I know we lost to Hawaii pretty badly afterward and it didn’t mattered. And we lost to Louisville (I thought it was Texas A&M)?

After seeing what happened to the great Mika, I doubt Tanner will make the same mistake. It’s not like he can go play ball in Italy.

CFL maybe? Or he could be the next John Walsh bust. Fish said the same thing about Mika going NBA after his Sophomore year and Mika fooled him. Mika had NBA or Italy on his mind no matter what happen. Sometime I like people not talk about going pro in their early college carrier. I know “$Money$” is the main goal of their future which is fine but they need to work on their skill first or they end up going to work like all of us.

Canadian football isn’t a lock. Few teams and loaded with other QBs. Mika could play in several leagues including China. Not the same equivalent.

You have to feel for Mika. He was probably a NBA draft pick in one more year, but his lack of confidence in Rose and some of his teammates made him make a terrible decision for his basketball future.

I don’t think there is more than a 1% chance that Mangum well go to the NFL after just playing this year. He isn’t ready. It will take 2 years to give him a chance at the NFL.

THAWK,
I agree with you. I do not believe that Mangum will leave until he graduates. I hope that we are both correct.