BYU Vs. LSU, Utah, Wisconsin, Miss.St., Boise State

Grasshopper and to others responding to my reply to fish. I was quoting fish, when I said the Mangum will have a break out year and leave for the NFL. I agree with his optimistic view of the Cougar’s season, however, I believe that Mangum will stay at BYU until he graduates.

Dew, I was at that game in Hawaii. It was at the game, just before the game started, that the BCS announced their bias.
They announced at that game, that even if we win the game at Hawaii, they would not allow us into the BCS bowl.

Brandon Doman was the QB and playing with a seperated shoulder, much like when Ty Detmer played with two seperated shoulders in Hawaii just after it was announced that Ty had won the Heisman Trophy. I was also at that game in Hawaii.
We also lost that game. I feel jinked when we play in Hawaii.

Luke Staley was playing with fractures but continued to play.

I think that the BCS announcement just before the game, indicating their predjudice, was just as painful, if not more so, than the seperate shoulder of Brandon Doman and the fracture in leg of Luke Stayley.

Well here I am, back on Cougarfan. I’m the first to admit I’m really good about this board during FB and BB season, but absent in the summer. Thanks for your review and opinions about the team and the schedule. I think generally Kalani is upgrading our overall talent, and that means more wins total and better games against the better opponents, with a better chance to beat those teams. Remember Wisconsin and Michigan just physically manhandling us and making our players look like JV talent? Those days will soon be gone for good. I somehow doubt we will beat LSU or Wisconsin, but I see us at least giving them both a real game, which we have NOT done in recent years against top competition. But I think it’s awesome to get both Utah and BSU at home–I think we beat Utah and I think we will blow out BSU.

Welcome back Tom! We are just getting more and more CougarsFans coming back on message board!
And don’t forget we got Wisconsin in our LES too. I too hope or should I say look forward for long time winning seasons for BYU football and basketball. Coach Kalani Sitake won’t be here forever but maybe for a long time along with other coaches “including Ty Detmer” like Lavel did.
Anyway, welcome back.

Welcome back!

Thank you grasshopper. It is good to be back.
Most of my BYU Football prayers have been answered and I therefore have nothing to complain about.
Last season was the first time in over a decade that I did not scream my lungs out during each game,
“Why did you call that play now???” or, oh well, no need to go on.

I am totally stoked to have Kalani Sitake for our new HC.
I have dreamed of Ty Detmer to come to us as our OC and QB coach.
It’s fun having Harvey Unga for our RB coach.
I am happy that Steve Kufusi stayed with us to coach our Defensive Line.

I was very dissappointed when the last coaching staff fired Ben Cahoon. I am excited to have hin back to coach our Wide Receivers.

I remember Andrew George best from his time as a player fo us 2005-9. He caught the winning pass against Utah in 2009. It is good to have him back coaching the Tight Ends. It is great that we are finally back to using our Tight Ends like we once used Dennis Pitti, Jonny HarlineItula Mili, and Chad Lewis. Yes, I know that there are a dozen or more when our tight ends caught the ball and ran many yards some some for touch downs. Daniel Coats and many more should be included. Now AndrewGeorge is back coaching our Tight Ends and that excites me a lot.

I’m not sure who our Defensive Backs coah is. Is it Jernaro Gilford, or Brian Mitchell? Which ever one it is, I am happy.Paul Tidwell LB, Trevor Matich are good additions to the staff.

Who ended up being our OL coach? Was it Trevor Matih or Mark Weber? I would be happy with either of them.

I feel llke the wind has been taken from benieth my wings. I no longer have anything to complain about. I love all of our current coaches and I believe we have a very good, (no yet great), but a very good team this year.

So far, my biggest dissappointment has been the Coaches poll and the projected AP poll. We shall see. I can hardly wait for 9/2/17 in Houston.

I agree with your full post above. I have but one thing to add. “Wisconsin” We have tp be excited about having Wisconsin at home, as well as Boise State and Utah.

While most polls have us between 30-39 with a pole out of Oralando, Fl. at 28, there is one poll, (don’t remember if it is the CBS or other), that has us in the 50’s following some (so called off record and anonymous) remarks from one or more of our coaches, that was less than possitive i.e. We are a very good MWC type team that does well playing against them, but still fall short when playing the big games, (P5). We want to be like ND, but we aren’t.

I don’t think that any coach should give this type of honesty to the press. I am sorry that whom ever it was, did so. (Still, it is refreshing that the subject now being spoken by our coaches is football and not (Honor, Tridition, Loyalty) etc. I really did not like all the cute slogans of the past coaching staff. I would have rather had that time reserved for football talk when it is being spoken by our coaching staff.