BYU vs. Vanderbilt here we go

Well, we scored 17 more points from the FT line. You suppose Liberty fans are complaining about referees today? Funny how it’s okay when they go for us nothing is said.

So, since there was no championship game, this means BYU should get the championship trophy…
The Omicron variance is about 80% less dangerous yet liberal sports and liberal teams are freaking out. They never follow the science.

You made some good points. I have to point out that Lucas made some incredible second-half passes. He’s pretty savvy at waiting on those double teams than striking hard. Lohner was open every play that he did that and Lohner really needs to start playing like a four-star player so far he’s been more like A two star player

But there’s no doubt in my mind that Foos is the MVP of this game

Of course there were only 6 more fouls called on Liberty and 4 of those were intentional-so yes it was a fairly evenly called game

No doubt at all Chris, MVP and George hit a huge 3

So, take away the Intentional fouls in which we were 7-8. We still scored 10 more points on FT. I’m sure Liberty fans are complaining.
I’m surprised we scored 80 points shooting 16% fro threes. That’s still a challenge moving forward.
Now, we will see how many league games are played due to liberal WCC due to Covid. It’s apparently obvious that they aren’t following the science in college sports and the pros. The Omicron is more contagious but only 20% dangerous as the Delta. With young players like this no need to be cancelling games.

1 Like

Lucas made the really good plays, but he has also been inconsistent with his shooting, but the other aspects of his game have been solid

Huh? Ummm…no. He falls down all the time losing the ball. He played better today not dribbling into traps as much. Same with Johnson so they didn’t have as many bizarre looking turnovers.
Fousse had a good game against mediocre defenders. His defense is pretty good. Lohner came through at the end as well.

The difference between winning today and losing to Vandy is two point shooting like layups, floaters, midrange shots. Refs had no outcome with Vandy unless you think we couldn’t make twos do to referees.

As a coach, you have to pick your fight to play for the win. At this point, if we limit turnovers like today and make our two’s over 50%, we can overcome the refs and other issue. We will shoot more free throws as well, like today. Shot 65% 2’s and 17 more FTs.

Thank you for confirming my initial thought when I made my comments about ALL of the factors that contribute to the winning or losing of a game. Your ignorance is astounding at times.

No…I don’t take the convoluted look like you do when it comes to coaching teams to victories. How many times did you say something might affect something else but didn’t know for sure and to what extent. With your list of things, how would any coach decide what to focus on to win the most games possible. You’ll never hit your target of winning if you don’t know what you are aiming for to win. That’s what your convoluted list creates.

So, after several games, it’s obvious what we have to aim at. Increasing the two point efficiency will win the games like we have lost. And it’s why we won yesterday. Free throws are 15 foot uncontested two point-like shots.

I’m a coach and you are an analyst. Or, as Jim Hoyt would say, a theory personality.

That’s a stretch… but then again you make up a lot of stuff in order to fit your narrative. How many years ago did you “coach” that jv team? If you were so good, why did you quit doing it? If you had been as effective and successful as you claim to be you would have stayed with it, the school would have insisted and they would have paid you for it. Oh well, reality stinks sometimes. :crazy_face:

I didn’t make anything up. You use to complain about my simple solutions to losing because of missing two point shots (layups especially) and missing free throws over your rants on officiating. Remember now?

As far as coaching, I coached there for 15 years. Gil Kim was the JV coach and he wasn’t moving on. Groff wasn’t either as he ticked off other coaches and so the JC’s wouldn’t look at him. Too bad because he was an excellent coach. The main reasons for leaving was teacher stress. I didn’t think that was an issue until an eye problem came up that is stress related. I was already part-time with my financial service agency and decided to go full-time. To do that, the regulations required full-time. That was my choice. Both Kim and Groff tried to talk me into staying with coaching. But it was my decision. Why did you quit referring other than you sucked at it :grinning:

Wow, thanks for the detailed reply. I’m sure the rest of the cougarfan posters were riveted reading that. I don’t know any of those guys either so not sure why you posted all that.

Anyhow, officiating is not that fun. I did it mostly because several people (Bill Grant being one) suggested it and you could make a bit of extra cash doing it. I was a newlywed and extra cash is always nice. As for your notion that I “sucked” at it… ok, whatever you think. I moved up quickly and did several varsity games my second year. Also, the assigner liked me and I got good reviews from senior officials and coaches.

I apologize to the rest of you for having to read that, just showing once again that the Hopper is off base as usual. :roll_eyes:

Jim used to run up and down the court with his whistle in his mouth and never blowing it. The things he says are fouls against BYU he wouldn’t call back then. I once had to get a technical foul from him to get his attention about this lack of air going into the reed of the whistle. :slight_smile: If he did better, maybe that technical got him working while trotting. He can thank me for that then. Imagine that, that from the technical he became a great friend. :sunglasses: