BYU will not go back to the MWC

ESPN has been losing subscribers at an alarming rate. They are starting to question their business model. I think they will still want BYU because of the decent ratings they draw. But, I don’t expect to see a more lucrative contract next time around.

We have to remember that for ESPN is not only the money they make off of BYU but the cost and overhead for those games. If EXPN thought they could cuts costs enough to offset what revenue they get from BYU games they would do it. Right now they are playing out their contract with BYU but who knows what will happen when it is time to renegotiate a new contract.

That’s because you’re a pessimist. We understand.

No, I am a realist. I see the world as it is, good and bad all mixed in together. You got the blue tattooed on your eyeballs but we understand that.

It’s my understanding that they use BYUtv’s facilities and equipment, so the overhead for BYU games must be fairly low when compared to other locations where they need to bring in their own equipment. Perhaps that will help influence a positive outcome for a new contract?

No, pessimistic at best :slight_smile: