Childs, if you are reading our posts

Why don’t you take Jimmer’s example and stay all 4 years? The rest of those who left early are stinking it up overseas and hardly making money too. While Jimmer is doing great and making a lot of money. Take his example and play at BYU your final year…

Yeah, why don’t you listen to the hopper… who has no idea what he is talking about.

Jimmer’s success overseas has very little to do with him staying at BYU. He always had talent and he would have done the same thing if he had left a year or two early.

Please tell us how many current nba players stayed in school all 4 years and how many of those guys are making it big in the nba…

Truth be known the number is teeny tiny… like the brain of a grasshopper!

1 Like

I’ll listen to ex-players like Jabbar over your opinion on the subject. There is life after basketball. No reason to lose out on the opportunity when you are young. Stay in school. The money is there for those who stay all 4 years. Take Jimmer’s example. Not Jim’s.

Jabbar lived in a different time and different game…

Players (does not matter the sport) are more prepared than ever to play on a professional level. With all the camps and the special training that the parents fork out on to help the kid performance increase is at an all time high.

That is why people like Donovan Mitchell came to the league last year and competed with the vets… The trainning in both skills and performance made it easier for him to jump after one year in college.

I prefer to listen to guys who coach college basketball or play in the NBA currently than Jabbar.

And just because a kid leaves early does not mean they can not go back to college during the off-season.

Steve Young and Bart Oates are examples of this, they went back got their degrees then completed Law school while being an active player in the NFL.

Uggg, the different age thing again. What you actually said is all things are relative and therefore just as applicable today as 50 years ago. It’s like the young people today and their attitudes towards God and the commandments. Grandpa, this is the 2010’s. Get with it!

The sad thing is we now have more prepared babbling idiots in the basketball court with degrees in tattoos. No, they got into school. Get a degree. By the way, Moses Malone played out of high school and Wilt only played one year. So, players like Jabbar we’re ready too.

It’s all a moot point now. From what I understand he is leaving and he will probably not make it in the NBA but he will make a good living in Europe. I don’t think he is any better than Mika was and Mika didn’t get drafted.

1 Like

Other factors why players leave early to go pro. They leave for 2 years mission and get married early after that and they leave early to go pro where the $$$ is there. Their body are not getting any younger if they want to play longer in pro. Back in the 80s Danny Ainge, Greg Kite and others didn’t go on a mission, so they played 4 years at the Y and academic and HC were not so strict like today. LDS kids should go on a mission for the Lord.

I would love to have Mika, Bryant & Childs to play this season together which didn’t happened to what we all hope they would stay. Even NBA scouts would tell BYU players, you are too old and need to go pro now (NBA or overseas).

I don’t fault Mika, Bryant & Childs leaving early.
And who know who will be the next Head Coach going to be. Will this new coach will be better next season or worse? Yo is better off moving on and wish him well and it would be wise to come back sometime later to get a degree.

Totally agree with that. Mika had a lot a motor playing all 40+ minutes every game. Mika was all focused during every game.

Just listened to Childs in BYU Sports Nation and he believes he will make the NBA.

Mika had no outside shot and could not play on the perimeter. Childs can play the 3 and 4 in the NBA and will be working on that more. Rose allowed him and helped him develop playing in the perimeter. Childs has more moves in the post and quicker.

I don’t see it.

Your not a coach. So, this doesn’t surprise me :astonished:

Actually not… In Jabber days, you never really had to be in peak condition to play, many of the players of that era smoked and drank… Even in the locker room.
Back then there were no performance training like there is today. Many players today takes care of their bodies than in Jabber days.

And if the players of yesterday played today they wouldn’t be smoking and would all be working out. Or, the players today playing 50 years ago would all be smoking. The interesting thing is Elgin Baylor played 48 minutes a game while smoking 2-3 packs a day. Wonder how he did that? Chamberlain benched 350 lbs and high jumped 6’8”. Jabbar could one punch Happy Harrison out. Coach Wooden said his players were naturally stong and defined because of playing basketball and not because they worked out in the weight room. Until he found Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe working out in the weight room. Players were strength training back in those days. The problem is BYU doesn’t get their basketball players heavily in the weight room :slight_smile:

Is there any factual basis for your comments? I want some proof with emails, faxes or links to actual proof that any of it is true. I did some light research and didn’t find any of your statements to be factually accurate.

If you want to know why people don’t believe much of what you say, this is a start.

You know that Grasshopper is twisting your head? Just reminding you what you told us how he likes to twist us. I don’t agree with Hopper in any way or what you want to say. Just let it go.

Yes, I know this. I also know that Wilt high jumped 6’6" because I saw a video of it… drake relays track meet or something like that. I looked for something on Baylor smoking 2-3 packs a day and found nothing.

It’s not that I don’t believe hopper, it’s more that he has a reputation for making stuff up to make us think he knows things and I am just trying to hold his feet to the fire.

It’s all accurate. What is it you are wrong about? Wooden? Straight from Frank Arnold.

What is it you didn’t agree with? It’s all true.

I’m a bit older than you and was alive when Baylor was still playing.