Covid 19 and sports

I am hoping the “hoarding” will go down, so we can get back to normal type shopping.

My wife and I are holding our own, I am blessed with a wife that cooks from scratch (she actually enjoys it).

The upside is that I have lost about 10 lbs (mostly because I am aware from work with the treat table). LOL

I know some will mock that the author is only a “Nurse Practitioner”, but having several nurses in my family and ward, I can tell you that they know about things than the doctor’s do. They are the ones on the front lines.

Ask them what I posted. I’d like the answer. I’ve heard the same questions from liberals here in California. We can’t get anyone to answer. What are they hiding?

First, Why the name calling? Are you not the one that blasted other posters for name calling?

Actually Scott according to Dr. Gucci of Trump’s task force, there is a mutation now that the virus is now as bad for those between 20-40. They are looking at the numbers now.

The main issue with this virus is it ability to mutate into yet another strain.

The total cases are only those from State labs and certain private labs, Not all labs are reporting to the CDC. So we really do not know the true numbers right now.

You know it will either get better or worse in the next 2 weeks. Best to isolate as much as possible and be smart. It takes a certain amount of discipline, though and being a narcissist doesn’t help either, as we need to be concerned about others as well as ourselves. The church’s stand is also increasingly to isolate. It lets you know who is really in tune with the spirit😉

As always a very well thought out post, logical and reasonable.

I am concerned, like you, for the same reasons. I just saw that the governor of California is considering a 12 week shutdown and stay at home order. I don’t understand this and my skepticism and cynicism is starting to get involved here. We picked up my youngest son from the airport last night in Santa Barbara and it was a ghost town. The 101 fwy. was virtually empty at 8:30 in the evening. We saw a handful of cars. People are being compelled to become paranoid…

My youngest was in the mexico city MTC for about 5 weeks and is home to self quarantine…

I was talking about the nurses. Anyway, all viruses mutate except this one isn’t and once we get a vaccine it will work.

Open your eyes. The jails are opening their gates and letting criminals out and guess what they are doing since they have no work? They are looting stores in the open because police won’t arrest looters. Anarchy is starting to pick up and will get worse. Trump is right. The country and all states are going to have to get back to a civilized working society or we won’t have one.

At the same time, they are releasing criminals back into the streets where they have no job and will and already are robbing stores. This is right out of Aulinsky’s Book Rules for Radicals. Either create the anarchy or wait for the perfect time to create anarchy.

Lol you sound like a Democrat-are you a cross dresser? Calm down-this is a matter of being responsible with what you are doing, it’s not an advocacy of anyone’s agenda. You are always trying to preach to everyone else-follow what your ecclesiastical leaders are instructing you to do and it will all work out and quit being the drama queen

We are in the last days. If all good people do is not speak up then the anarchy and internal wars will happen now. I’m not going to be part of the do nothing crowd and not speak up. You do know that most of the Democrat Party’s leaders were Aulinsky followers in their youth.

U said it yourself-we are in the last days, which people have been saying for a very long time. Remember when we hit the year 2000 and the end of the Mayan calendar? The only thing we can do is be pro-active in living righteous lives. I never have concerned myself with the covid-19 virus-I just try and be responsible and do all I can not to become infected, because my wife has an auto-immune disease and I don’t want her to get it, and not infect anyone else. People need to do what they need to do to help everyone get through this and if it means staying home and not going out for unnecessary activities-it’s what they need to do for a while. In a short while we need to get back to work and build this country back to greater heights. We need to re-establish our abilities to manufacture goods for the support of our citizens and not rely on Godless nations for our wellbeing. If I have learned anything in life, the answers lie not with the extreme right or the extreme liberal left but somewhere in between and our church leaders can and will direct us there if we will listen

well said.

On the news today…Covid 19 is not mutating. Therefore, it will run its course and that will be the end. most likely, We will have a vaccine by next winter season.

I appreciate the predicament you are in. My wife is in a similar situation with a history of asthma, although since our cats have died, she hasn’t used an inhaler for over a year.
But, I look at the big picture when it comes to death and destruction and the last days. The final days of the last days is up to the people and our decisions. The prophets have always spoken about the destructions in terms of “if the people turn away from God.” Not in well, the final day of the last days is December 12 of 2012 as the Mayan calendar did. Loved the movie.
We can sit around and wish the politicians and people will do the right things at the right times or we can do what we can even if that’s just venting outload about why certain people are doing the things they are doing. Like causing panic about a virus and personally hoarding as if their life is most important.
The death and destruction for our country by continuing to allow our society fall because we aren’t working will be 1,000 times worse than this virus. Yes, if we go back to work say by Easter, maybe more people will die from the C19. It might be me or my wife. But after my conversation with my wayward son who lives like a hermit, the thought of losing his job put him in a deep fear and depression. Multiply that fear by 100 million workers who could lose their jobs and what do you have? Throw in all the mentally disturbed and criminals in jails and mental hospitals that are and have been released and you have total anarchy. The amount of deaths from this will make the possible deaths from the C19 small. Now, who wants this to happen?
There are people in our country that want death and destruction through anarchy and they are pretending to care about people dying from a virus. This is a perfect storm for Radicals like what Saul Aulinsky wrote to his followers who desire communism and power. To force people into their utopian society.
I understand staying close to the Prophet in these days. However, how long will communication continue with him when the Constitution falls? Come follow me and our personal guidance to the Holy Ghost will be paramount until we can get back to Jackson County Missouri. Most of us old farts will stay where we are. The real question is are you ready to give up and let the radicals get their way? Just to save yourself? Not much I can do but to put this information out there and hope enough people will see what’s going on and who is leading the charge to destruction. We as a human race have earned the right to live on the earth with viruses by a billion deaths. And more viruses will come and go. People will die but also gain immunities. There is no natural immunities for a nation that falls into total collapse. Especially the U.S. If we fall so does every other free nation.
Well, that’s my rant. Keeps me moving and looking forward to a victory over the world ending too soon. Will we let our fears of natural destructions push us into the end? The final day can be in 10 years or 100 years. Father is waiting for our free decisions.

Scientist disagrees:

I understand the rant or the need to. Some of my friends rant quite a bit and they often seem quite frustrated and unhappy. I have decided to try and live my life stress free and do my best to be happy no matter what the trials and accept people with all their imperfections as well as my own. I have studied the martial arts since I was eight years old and been involved in yoga since my college days. It has given me discipline and an avenue to self-reflection but has taken a journey of many years and isn’t through yet. I am a member in good standing and have served a mission and have a testimony of Christ, but I also recognize the intrinsic value of people and their different philosophical beliefs. Everyone has a desire to find happiness-many never recognize the path-just as the tree of life depicts. I agree with much of what you are concerned about-to say it isn’t a concern would be foolish. The virus is just another test. Something invisible to the eye that has turned our world upside down. It is probably one of many to come. The key is how we handle the adversity. The Nephites handled it with hate and war-leading to their extinction. The Godless society may kill many of us, but in the end-they will never win. I believe Trump is doing the best he can in this situation, but it is impossible situation to ensure everyone’s satisfaction-we just need to do the best we can do and hold to the iron rod.

In this day and age it’s hard to decipher what is fact and what is supposition. We will continue to be tested-guaranteed

I completely agree with your thoughts. I too have been in the Matial Arts since my youth. 50 years… I taught a self defense class in our ward while at BYU at Wymount Terrace.
My theory is that most of the Democrat Politicians and News Owners are former followers of Saul Aulinsky. His method to destroy capitalism and the Constitution is by violent overthrow. However, timing is key. The current situation is a potential situation to make changes that will attack capitalism and the Constitution. The only thing to defend against this is a leader that refuses to let it happen. Trump is currently doing this and Gallop poll the other day has him at 60% approval and 38% disapproval. Trump is a capitalist. The longer the work stoppage continues the lower that approval number will go and the sharks on the left will fly in and try to save us all in bondage.

For your entertainment: