Craighton, on the road again

I like that BYU never quit. It seems like the officials allow BYU to be aggressive as long as the lead for Creighton is double digits. It’s kind of strange to watch. BYU will lose this game down 12 with a minute to go but still a nice effort and hopefully builds some character down the road.

the nose knows

Forgot to add one more thing along with early morning game, Western officials, Little high school gym and WCC.

I am a bit confused as to why the game was played in South Dakota. Creighton is in Nebraska, BYU is in Utah. It is obviously closer to the Creighton campus, do they not have a gym big enough to handle a decent sized crowd? Is that why they changed the venue to South Dakota? because of the 10,000 or so people who live there?

Doesn’t make any sense but then again, what does lately?

Yeah, BYU lost, Pope watches Coach Greg McDermott’s game tape in the summer. He is a good coach.

Pope said that he called every D1 program a 100 times to get a game like this, neutral with a return to Vegas next year on a neutral…

This was a disaster for BYU’s rankings, seeding bracketology and the kid’s Psyche. Lohner and George had disasterous shooting games. Lucas and Johnson as well. 15 turnovers, yuck. 39% shooting, yuck. Thankyou refs for screwing BYU bigtime…Crieghton ft 21-25 to BYU 5-8 REALLY??? and Lucas/Barcello, the guys that have the ball in their hands 90% of the time get one stinking ft between the two of them, BullSH!T.

The silver lining is BYU hit 52% from 3, that is the third game in a row that we are hitting high% 3’s.

I haven’t watched the game yet. What am I looking for when I watch it when it comes to the referees? Are BYU players taking open shots in which they aren’t being fouled like the Creighton players are? Are there fouls being committed while BYU is moving the ball or as usual, over-dribbling that aren’t being called? There is a huge discrepancy on the number of foul shots. The question I’ll be looking for is why when I watch the game.

From the box score, it looks like we missed a lot of layups and mid-range shots. And, way too many turnovers as well. Lazy passing again?

By the way, Creighton will be a D1 loss on the road. Not that bad of a loss.

I think the Nose is named somebody Nixon. He hates BYU, always has, always will. I don’t know if it’s a religious bias thing or if he just hated Rose so much and it carried over. But no official has a bigger ego and no one will more blatantly screw BYU.

That said, that game was a complete mess start to finish. We knew who their three main guys were and couldn’t handle them.

The 1st impulse is to say that BYU is not top25 material. I won’t even try to explain away why we let Hawkins have his way, although in the 2nd, we defended him well…when they have a 20 point lead. speaks to maturity of our forwards.

But after looking at the ft discrepancy. I have to say that for the time being, BYU is top 25 material. Now go out and prove it!

Or, is the Nose Hair just really a bad official? Why does it come down to “hate” all the time. I know at one time there was an official named Hall that was anti-Mormon. I think he was barred from officiating BYU games. If the Nose Hair is biased against the Church, then he should be banned as well. But, I don’t believe we have asked for him to be banned for that reason. We just got outplayed. That our defense was still asleep at 12:00 noon with jet lag. Much like all our teams tend to be. Maybe they stayed up too long in fun South Dakota. Well, not that part. In the West, you have the Black Hills and that is a great place to visit with Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood and so on. I was born in Deadwood, SD.

You should change your name from grasshopper to deadwood. That is how a lot of your posts feel… like dead wood. :flushed:

I wish I would have seen the first half. I had it on my TV and missed it because I didn’t know it was available. I can’t say it was all on the officials but there were a handful of bogus calls made when BYU started getting close. My comment about the level of aggressiveness allowed when BYU was down 20 as opposed to when they got to within 10 is legitimate. When fish posted the number of foul shots and the disparity the picture became clearer. BYU always seems to be held to a different standard than their opponents and that leads to their demise sometimes.

Somebody makes the officiating assignments. That is their job. I don’t know if they work for the ncaa, a particular league or exactly how it happens but someone is responsible for assigning officials and BYU certainly gets their fair share of officials who have shown bias frequently in previous games. It seems to be another aspect of the corruption that exists in so many facets of life. I am confident it happens to other teams as well.

I’ve seen a couple of games where it wasn’t about bias. It was about bad officiating. That’s what I saw some today. And, even if you turned on the TV to watch, there was a soccer game that went way over time. You would have seen about the last 5 minutes if the first half. FS1 is horrible with scheduling.
What seems to have happened based on the comments of the announcers is we came into the game asleep with little aggression. Like we were playing at 11am or something :thinking: But, that’s what we have to do with a short bench at the 5 position. We can’t get into foul trouble and didn’t in the first half.
Deadwood is a great place for kids to grow up. At least back when I was a kid. I’m proud of being born in Deadwood. Not many can say they were. There’s an actress by the name of Amy Hill who was born the same year in Deadwood that I was. She is currently on Magnum PI.

LOL! famous by association. You were probably right next to her in the maternity ward.

Ok I’ll take the bait……if Nixon were simply a bad official, the advantage per team would be random. But BYU always suffers when he is on the court. This it’s not random poor officiating, rather it’s directed poor officiating.

We went to kindergarten together…

28 fts vs. 8…Barcello got 1 freakin ft. Lucas got none.

Big 12 can’t come fast enough

I watched the game later in the day. Well, 5 minutes of the first half and the entire second half. FS1 scheduling sucks and a boring soccer game would not end. I really didn’t see much fouling by Creighton. There were a couple of fouls not called but wasn’t that bad. Did BYU foul a
Lot. Yep. Just because the numbers were lopsided doesn’t mean biased officiating. Creighton was more aggressive and quicker out there until late into the 2nd half when we started playing much harder. Playing full count defense. At that point we could without worrying as much about fouling out.
Lohner did all he could do. He’s out manned at the 5. He’s a 3 or 4 max. Did you see he finally drained a 3? He did it shooting in rythem instead of thinking about whether to take the shot. I wish someone would teach him to not fling his elbow out on free throws. The ball should never go right.