Dalton Nixon pursuing football

Nixon has one year remaining and is interested in playing football with his remaining year of eligibility stated on BYU Sports Nation today.

Ha ha. Seriously? As a slow skinny tight end? He did a great job in basketball, but I’m not seeing it in football.

Yeah you think? We had several slow white guys in the past like Andrew George Chad Lewis Dennis Pita and few others. Dalton Nixon will have to walk on because of all those return missionaries all at once - more likely they will be reassigned to new location soon

None of those guys were that slow…especially Pitta and Lewis who were both solid Tight Ends in the NFL. In football, being tall makes it very difficult to get leverage and be physical. Our last really good tall player was Corbin Kaufusi, who was 6’8". And by the way, I believe he’s with the NY Jets practice squad. He was a solid DE for us.

As for Nixon, I do wish him the best. But football is a really hard sport to learn.

I knew those two guys were very good players. Yes Dalton Nixon is a little skinny compared to like Corbin Kaufusi. All I can say good luck to Nixon if he tries out for football.

Unfortunately, I don’t think any of those missionaries caught up in this cancelled mission mess are going to be reassigned. The current policy is to offer reassignment “when it becomes available” (indefinite), or try again in 12-18 months. Most will probably choose the certainty of moving on with life to the uncertainty of a reassignment with the original release date.

The reassignment thing and being able to serve in the mission you were originally called to serve in seems totally random. Now I guess missionaries are being vaccinated across the board but I don’t know if it is so they can move on to the mission they were called for or what the reason is.

Anyone have any insight into how the whole process works or what is happening? It feels like some mystery that we will never understand…

Did your son ever get to Mexico (I think he was going there?)? Or, is he still in Nebraska?

Our son comes home in June, and he doesn’t think he’ll have to be vaccinated to come back to the U.S. Hopefully, just a negative test.

Well… he was supposed to go to the Dominican and came home a week before his arrival there from the Mexico City MTC. He thought he was going to Nebraska from Mexico City but that changed and he came home to wait… He was here for 3 months and then was sent to Salt Lake City mission where he served in Wyoming for about 6 months and then he has been in SLC for about 2-3 months. So he has been out over a year now, 3 months of that at home. He wants to extend because he feels like he missed out on 3 months by being at home, which is true. He has a great attitude and perspective and has loved serving in Wyoming and SLC. He will do whatever he is asked to do, great kid.

Where is your son?

He’s in Norway, and comes home in June.

Bummer that he never got to his mission. Some from our stake are starting to go to Mexico (actually go), but we have a friend who has been in West Virginia for a year trying to get to Brazil. At that point, what’s the point (but there’s no breakthrough to get to Brazil on the horizon)?

1 Like

We had a missionary here, who had come back to the states from Brazil to continue serving in CA when the pandemic hit, and now he has gone back to Brazil. Good for him too. He will finish his mission there after being here for about a year.

What have been his areas in SLC and in Wyoming?

My son visa waited for six months in Milton-Freewater, Oregon (Washington Kennewick Mission). He loved it, and if he had to change his mission to that because he wasn’t getting to his mission, it would have been just fine.