Do you hear about Kyle Morrell

I am inspired by all the great stories about Kyle and how we deal with our own personal challenges.
Thank you, all

Larimer: good memories! That 84 team can be judged many ways. The downfall of the system was no playoff was allowed. Every national champion up until the CFP has to rely on the coaches and the press to vote. The Michigan team wouldn’t have been the best choice for a bowl matchup but the lineup Michigan placed on the field was a top 10 team with their injured players mostly back on the field for the Holiday Bowl.

There were lots of common opponents with the best teams in the nation. Oklahoma and Barry Switzer complained more than anyone. They had the Sooner Schooner rollover and cause a delay of game and 15 yr penalty and got beaten by Washington in the Orange Bowl for their 2nd loss. The Baylor team played both Oklahoma and BYU during the year and loudly said that BYU was a 21 point better team than Oklahoma … as indicated by the scores. In fact Grant Taft said his team was more healthily when they played BYU and got steam rolled out of the stadium.

If you solely look at players who played in the NFL off the 1984 team it is amazing. More players went professional than Okahoma and Washington.combined. Joe Paterno said he would have voted BYU number 1 in 1983 and 1985 if it were up to him. It was a remarkable run of coaches players and chemistry over those 3 years.

1 Like

I was living in the Deseret Towers between 1979-1983 and moved out to off campus housing to be near my future wife. Yeah, my first year 1979 and I didn’t know much about BYU football or any sports. I was at the basement in the DT and found bunch of guys celebrating like crazy when we beat Texas A&M early Sept 1979 with QB Mark Wilson. I became full cougar fan on that day. Great memories.

I was at Wymount Terrace with my wife 1977-1980. Marc Wilson was there too but in a different quad (Ward). George Harris was in our ward. Vance Law was in our ward too. It was fun to watch them play intramural basketball. Great athletes.

Then we moved to a new section of Wymount Terrace (1984 - 85) in the upper area next to Provo Temple. Jason Buck and Jimmy Edward was in my ward. Fun Time!

Fun times there. All that new housing was beautiful grassy area.

yeah, as in Barry runs into Lavell in the elevator and to his face says, “you don’t deserve the National Title”. Stay Classy Switzer! What I remember most was all the players arrested and Barry using his clout to get them out of jail and on the field.