Finally, some REAL news, Utah Jazz

I like many others wondered why the Miller family would sell the Utah Jazz and who are these new owners?

"I do know Ryan and Ashley and, I mean, come on, how blessed are we in the state of Utah to have this legendary family like the Millers being stewards over this program, and then have Ryan and Ashley Smith take over the deal?” Pope said Thursday in his weekly press briefing with reporters who cover BYU basketball. “I mean, they are going to blow it up to epic proportions, and they are going to represent the state in such an extraordinary way.”

Ryan Smith, a BYU graduate and the co-founder and CEO of Provo-based Qualtrics, was instrumental in persuading Pope to leave his job two years ago at Utah Valley University and replace Dave Rose as coach of the Cougars." POPE

“This NBA franchise has been run in such an epic fashion by the Miller family, and now to be passed on to the Smiths is such a good deal. It couldn’t get any better,” he continued.

Gail Miller will continue to have a minority stake in the team, while the Smiths become the majority owners. The Deseret News reported Wednesday that the deal — which also includes the NBA G League affiliate Salt Lake City Stars, Vivint Arena and “management” of the Triple-A Salt Lake Bees baseball club — was worth $1.6 billion.

ME- This could not be any better for the state of Utah, the Jazz and BYU.

unfortunately, I have stopped watching the Jazz and the NBA because of their “embrace” of social issues.
I have no problems with players off the court promoting their ideas to improve the social issues on their own dime. I support and appreciate what Joe Ingles is doing to help fund the training of SLC police department on how to deal with people with mental issues (in this case autism).

The court or field is no place for that, people watch games to escapes the hardships of life for a few hours, they don’t need to have Social issues pushed in their faces while they watch the game.

I hope Ryan Smith will reign in the Jazz players on this issue.

1 Like

I too have quit following the NBA.
This Friday will define the season. A true test on the blue turf.