Headed out to the Coliseum. Scouting USC

Daddy, will BYU get into a NY6 game after the win tonight?

I will say this, ā€œBYU with a million injuries found a way in spite of Tuiakiā€ Well done Cougs, well done. You have a lot to be proud of.

Zero chance the P 5ā€™s are going to share the $$$ in a NY6 bowl.

Just win as I always annoyingly say and we did! Great year in all BYU sports. Beat Utah in mens BB. Beat #22 in womenā€™s BB. Womenā€™s soccer wins and makes the final four for the first time. Menā€™s soccer win the club league. Men and women cross country win individual first place.

He lived with cousin Fesi Sitake, not Tuiaki family.

But he still Kalani cousin, so I agree we never have him fired.

Lucky Lucky Lucky that BYU won over the USC at the LA Colosseum.

5 PAC 12 wins and BYU is now Conference of Champions!!!

Defense is boring

Proud of the players on both sides of the ball. Proud of the OC. Disappointed, disgusted, and displeased with the DC.

Yep, as soon as a read your response.

Someone once said, ā€œJust win baby!ā€
It was an exciting game!

I donā€™t know. That was a great stop and defense on the last play. We lost 6 starters on defense and still won. I think itā€™s a team game and the entire team won. The plays on offense werenā€™t always great either. But, we won.
Allgeirs said Katoa was injured and so on the last drive McChesney played. Iā€™ve wanted him to be the second stringer all year. Heā€™s more powerful than Katoa and can do what Allgeirs does and he did.

The problem was not the defense, but rather the officials allowing USC to literally tackle BYU defensive players.
Rewatch the play where USC QB Dart when he ran in for the TDā€¦ Right as Dart gets to the line of scrimmage, you will literally see Tooley legs being wrapped up and tackled so he could not pursue.

Most of the time, I do not blame officials, making mistakes (like marking the ball two yards short of where Algiers actually landed or where the BYU receiver was clearly out of bounds, but replay said he was in) happens.

In the 2nd quarter I started counting the number of times I saw ā€œholdsā€ where it directly affected the play and by the 4th quarter, I was up to 34 just on the line of scrimmage. Not counting the ones that they did on our receivers, like the one where they tripped our receiver in the end zone and got a interception for it.

NCAA Holding Rule in 9 Section-3 Article-3b
The hand(s) and arm(s) shall not be used to grasp, pull, hook,
clamp or encircle in any way that illegally impedes or illegally obstructs an
opponent.

That is not bad officiating, that is actually biased officiating. I believe Fish said that he found out it was because of all the holding going on

Floyd, agreed on all. That was an important game for the P12. P12 is sick of BYU this year. The officiating crew clearly had marching orders. As a head coach over nearly 20 years I was never flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct, and can count the times on both hands I even yelled at officials. My assistants, many of whom played in college and two professionally, would even joke with me about how I could keep my cool when I saw a bad call. Iā€™m generally supportive and understanding of the officials. But this game was simply beyond the pale. I have literally no respect for any official on that field, because they have no respect for the game or for themselves. Itā€™s sad when a guy who loves football enough to be an official will disrespect the game like that.

How many times did we see the ball get placed back from a clear 1st down by Allgerier or Hall? It was talked about in the booth several times. Head scratcher for both them and Me.

A win is a win but in no way will the P5s let an Indy, BYU into the$$ NY games, bottom line, We donā€™t have to share, BYU gets it all so that kills our chances. Hate to be the barer of bad news but it is what it is.

I would agree on most of it. Iā€™m sure UCLA got all those calls too. But not BYU. Even with that, USC had more penalties and yardage called against them. But I agree. I hope we play few PAC12 teams when in the Big12.
The miss on the Allgeirs run by 2 yards was really pathetic. I donā€™t think replay should miss those ever. Some decisions are difficult but not that one.
The receiver falling down was not interference. Feet tangled does not go as interference, ever. Entanglement is not a penalty. It looked more like a gopher grabbed him and he just fell. Too bad because he was in position to cut back in to the ball in front of the USC defenders.

Notre Dame is independent and going to a New Yearā€™s six bowl. Itā€™s not the P5ā€™s decision. I would hope BYU gets respect for the schedule we played. See what happens when conference championships are played.

Blind Refs? I should fit in being a referee as a blind person :slight_smile:

I would agree with you on a one on one interaction. but the USC player who was trailing the play is the one that tripped our receiver. if you watch it closely, you can see the intent. for an experienced official, easy call.

Who makes the decisions? It is the administrators who represent the P5 conferences by and large. So how is it not the P5ā€™s decision?

Overall, 12 teams are selected each football season for these major, top tier bowls. These are required to include the champions of the ā€œPower Fiveā€ conferences (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC). In addition, the highest-ranked champion from the ā€œGroup of Fiveā€ conferences (The American, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West and Sun Belt) is guaranteed a berth if the groupā€™s top team is not in the playoff.

So basically only one team outside the P5 is guaranteed a bowl game if they do not make the playoff. We all know that Cincinnati should be in the playoff so if they are then that would eliminate the requirement for a team outside the P5 to get a NY6 bowl game. If Cincy does not make the playoff they will surely get a NY6 bowl game which would also fulfill the requirement for a team outside the P5. Ultimately only one team outside the P5 gets into a money bowl game so tell me how the P5 is not in control of who or who doesnā€™t get into a NY6 bowl game.

I watched it closely over and over as ESPN did so. Entangled feet is never called because itā€™s not a penalty.