In game comments cal berkley game

Game’s over now. After the interception, Mangum won’t throw any downfield. Just short stuff.

All we can hope for now is an interception return for a touchdown, or fumbles and then get lucky.

They’re sure shutting down our running game. Are they that much better than Arizona? Is it as simple as our lack of a passing game allowing them to key on the run and the short passing game?

Mangum exposed-Sorry it’s ugly and not watchable

Is it that unwatchable? I’m following on ESPN Gamecast, and that is not an ideal way to follow a game. Unless it is really ugly . . .

It’s just sad. Cal is going to be a Pac12 bottom feeder, and we can’t score on them.

Well, it is time to change the QB. Tanner simply doesn’t have it. False hope from last week but now we see Arizona was a sham!

Defense is slow too. Got a couple of turnovers but no offense. Cal has figured out our offense.

What false hope? He only had 209 yards last week. It’s not like he lit them up.

His completion percentage wasn’t good last week, and it’s terrible tonight.

It is to me. You get the ball at the 15 and a chance to get back in the game and you just move backwards and then throw a pick. BYU needs a dual threat qb that can make things happen occasionally on his own. Sorry it’s almost inept. Check BYU 's 3rd down efficiently passing-pathetic

Anyone who thinks Mangum is going to have this remarkable lightbulb moment and all of the sudden will figure things out, look like he is in control, doesn’t aim his throws and learns a feel for the game is kidding themselves.

And there you go, as I write, he throws another bad pass that is picked off.

Oh, I know. We have to score twice in five minutes, and no one in the stadium has the feeling that Mangum is going to do it.

And yes, our third down percentage is terrible. Trouble is, we are in 3rd and long every set of downs.

Well, if we can get another quick turnover, it’s as good as a long punt that pinned them down . . . :wink:

I think they’re going to put all eleven of them down on the 15 yard line for the bomb. It’s like playing 500 . . . :slight_smile:

We stopped using our tightends too.

Will Mangum be remembered for his hail mary touchdown passes at the beginning or his mediocre/terrible play towards the end of his career?

He can’t throw the ball more than 10 yards without it being a crap shoot,

It will be both. Remember when a couple of guys were arguing with me about his freshman year not really being that good? Those two Hail Mary’s are hard to forget, even with two really bad seasons.

I would seriously play Critchlow next week at Wisconsin. I wouldn’t throw Wilson to the wolves on the road like that, and I think Critchlow gives us a better chance to win than Mangum. The coaches’ cliche has been that Mangum “gives us the best chance to win” (veteran, experience, etc.), but I don’t think anyone really believes that now

1 Like

They’re not going to, though. Mangum’s our man. :frowning:

Does it jump from 0% to 2% with Critchlow? :smile:

He’s gritty :slight_smile:

Critch is headed elsewhere. Throw the two Freshmen it and get baptized

He’s not gritty. The Gritty One brought us back from a Jake Heaps dumpster fire against Utah St. Remember? The Hail Mary to midfield to Juergens, then a touchdown, then driving the length of the field again, then another touchdown. Say what you want against Nelson, he did some things like that.

How much time is actually left? Gamecast has said 3:38 for ten minutes now. It feels like it’s under a minute, and we still have to score, get the onside kick, and try a Hail Mary.