In Game Comments

Bottom line-Mangum was inaccurate downfield. Missed a wide open fly for a TD, missed a wide open Bushman to get in fg range. OL and rbs look good and receivers will make the plays if u get them the ball. Offense looks much more capable than last year. See what 1st possession of 2nd half brings. Stupid penalties on last drive by Arizona, especially the late hit

If Mangum doesn’t get it together in the third quarter, they ought to take him out in the fourth Q. and put in the freshman. If they can fire Ty Detmer they can fire Tanner Mangum too. He is not getting the ball down the field. Too much passing anyway.

Why does Mangum keep aiming the ball instead of throwing it?

It is the reason he isn’t accurate. He has enough experience to know better. I hope they don’t allow him to look this bad for several games. We don’t have time for another experimental season for Mangum. If he continues to look like he is shotputting a missile then this will be a waste of time.

It looks as if he has no feel for what is going on out there and with as much experience as he has had playing QB, there is no logical reason for what we see. Time for a new guy if he doesn’t look better in the second half.

Am I getting ahead of myself here?

Won’t happen. They’ve already said he gets an extremely long leash. They’re not going to yank him around or make him nervous about being yanked.

It might be for the best. Wisconsin and Washington are going to abuse us. I don’t know that we should throw a freshmen to those wolves. Better to let him play the latter half of the season against the weaker competition.

If you mean #1 on BYU, who knows. 3/4’s of the ESPN talk is about the Arizona QB.

and the other 1/4 is about other UA players.

He’s looked lost a couple of times. He should have reacted quicker. #14 on AU is really good. Tate will run more innthe 2nd half.
Tanner has been up and down. I’d like to see what Wilson can do.

The only way we get talked about again is to give them something to talk about. We were so epically bad last year, we have to beat some of these teams everyone assumes we can’t. Arizona would be a good start . . .

Too many sweeps by the WR.

At least they are talking about Mangum now…

and his alleged mental illness.

Mental mistakes by the O-line.

Finally a pass to the TE and Mangum is accurate on the throw.

Good for him. That was a nice touch throw.

Collie made the play of that drive-wtg

Yeah, I guess. I mean what has Arizona done to “get talked about”?

It is just favoritism and home cooking pac 12.

Just don’t over use the end around trick plays. Now can we stop Tate?

Bushman’s from Tucson (Sabino High School). That high school won the state baseball championship, but just last week had to forfeit all games due to cheating. Great to see him catch a TD in his home city!

I think that’s Tanner’s longest completion from scrimmage since the two Hail Mary’s . . . :wink:

They have a Heisman candidate. If we squeak out a win, we can start Mangum’s Heisman campaign. How’s “357 Mangum” sound?

I’m guessing you are right.

I like the play calling of Grimes. He knows his stuff. If the players can gain confidence and execute the plays he is calling this team can be successful this season.

The game has flow to it, it feels right. The O-line is opening holes and giving Mangum time to throw. That is the sign of a good OC.

On one of the UofA boards, they are complaining about how the commentators are going on and on about Mangum’s Achilles tear, his fight with depression, and how likable he is. :slightly_smiling_face:

:joy::grin::grin:They should be complaining about their porous defense.

Best drive of the game-outstanding