Interesting article about Slovis and the transfer portal

KSL.com has learned that the Cougars plan to bring in another transfer quarterback, likely from the junior college ranks, to compete with the former USC standout for the position.

Transfer QB Kedon Slovis is BYU-bound, but who’s catching his passes? | KSL.com

Our QB’s for next year will be:
Kendon Slovis - Transfer,
Sol-Jay Maiava-Peters,
Cade Fennegan,
Nick Billoups,
Cole Hagen - Transfer from Yale,
Ryder Burton - Incoming Freshman
Unknown – According to the article another QB will be picked up.

I know the Hagen family pretty well, Cole is the real deal, he did a lot for Corner Canyon.
Cole Hagen, Corner Canyon, Dual-Threat Quarterback (247sports.com)

He is a dual threat QB: completed 213 of 358 and passed for 3,655 yards with 43 touchdowns
he rushed for 1,069 yards and 11 touchdowns on 137 carries.

Kendon Slovis will be the starter. He’s got 34 P5 games under his belt. Hall had 11. Yale is not a P5 school. But, I’m happy to see others come in because of the injury bug. And, although Slovis has 2 years left, he’s looking to solidify his chances for the NFL now. He was on BYUSN yesterday. He’s the real deal as long as the OL can be restructured after the others leaving early through the transfer portal.

He has one year left.

3 yrs at USC, 1 year at Pitt and his last year is considered a “covid” free year.

I was just repeating what was said on BYUSN. Even if he did, he won’t stay. He will have a great year coming up and be another top draft pick (I hope).

Slovis will be a great leader/mentor for both Cole Hagen and Ryder Burton, I am high on both players. Mentioned before that Cole Nagen did not lose a game at Corner Canyon. Burton is also a dual threat

The rumor for the past week is that Jake Retzlaff, the JC QB from Riverside Community College (and ESPN’s #1 ranked QB) will be signing with the Cougars, though rumors also stated the commitment would come earlier this week.

I’d like to hear more about Hagen because he seems like an afterthought. Even Jake Hatch from the Locked on Cougars podcast failed to mention Hagen when he discussed the quarterback situation on a recent podcast. When a listener asked about the oversight, Hatch wrote back, “I did forget about him. I honestly haven’t heard much on what he’s going to play at the next level. He was considered to be more of an athlete than a true QB at Corner Canyon. I wonder if he might end up at another position at BYU. If not, he will be in the mix for sure.”

You probably know as much as I do.

Former Corner Canyon QB Cole Hagen Talks Transfer To BYU - Vanquish The Foe

This as way back in June.