Interesting development in Football

Looks like Devonte-Henry-Cole wants to go to USU instead of BYU. Wonder if has something to do with The Shelley kid transferring from Utah to USU this summer?

Not sure if this impacts our RB’s or not, I was not as high on DHC as some of the sportscaster were with him coming to BYU. I think if Katoa can stay healthy, he is going to be really good.

McChesney has a 200+ yard game and he doesn’t play again. Why is he not in the conversation. Wasn’t he recruited by Alabama?

Wonder why they did not use him more last year?

I know on a Sports Nation last year he said he wasn’t physically back from his mission. So, the coaches probably didn’t want him to get hurt playing to much against better teams. From what I saw in that game, his vision and drive is much better than Katoa’s.

I know the McChesney family through some games I did for them.

This kid is the typical blunt force runner up the middle, Katoa is more in the realm of Jamal Williams/Slasher, end run…

The key this year is “Healthy”, seems the RB group seems to have issues with injuries.

THANKS AGAIN FLOYD,

ON THIS SITE, I CONSIDER YOU A FRIEND. I AM SURE THAT IF WE MET, WE WOULD ALSO BE FRIENDS IN LIVE TIME.

I KNOW THAT YOU ARE A BISHOP. IS IT IN PROVO? IF SO, DO YOU KNOW BISHOP TIMOTHY HERRICK IN THE PROVO AREA? IF SO, HE IS THE 3RD BISHOP IN MY FAMILY. HE IS MY GRANDSON.

I’M QUITE SURE THAT YOU KNOW BISHOP BOB HERRICK. HE IS MY SON IN LAW.

RON

I tried to send this message to you via private mail, but the editor thought this message was unclear and with fragmented sentences, so he/she would not allow it to be sent. This is why I am trying to send it to you in open forum.

Not a bishop, nor never have been… Too Gentile to be one in our faith… That is okay though, because I don’t do what I do for the glory of men.

My main accomplishment in the church is being the best Home Teacher (now minster) I can be. Even though I feel like I fall short of even that small goal.

But I do appreciate being called to an inner city mission (Spanish, my wife speaks it, I can not for the life of me learn it :grin:). The call has given me such perspective on things that I did not realize.

Just curious Ron, do you know if they have inner city missions in California? Maybe Scott knows, I know he works with other faiths on some type group thing. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to help people.

I don’t know if there is something like what you do in Los Angeles. We have Spanish Speaking branches and wards.
I’ve always struggled with learning another language. Especially Spanish. I was doing well for a while on Dulingo but have sluffed off lately.

I enjoy the inner city mission, although I do not speak Spanish.

We are assigned a ward that is for a lack of a better term low income ward within the Wasatch Front. A lot of these members are struggling with life issues. Our job in short is help them become more self reliant.

From what I am told, we are not there to “help them”, but more to direct them to find ways to be more self reliant. The church has so many resources (inside and outside the church) to help people learn and grow both physically and spiritually.

I wish the church would do this program all through the country, because I think people like you and your wife would be great missionaries. You guys could help so many people be lifted up.

See Scott, I may not always agree with you on issues, but I do respect your service you provide for your members.

Just curious what others think of this article about BYU Defensive front line?

I hope we get Alabama. That would be as good as Utard. Utard was just afraid to play us this year and the PAC12 didn’t want them to lose to us and USC to Norte Dame. I hope we play ND at the end of the season.

The field workers around here are having a difficult time with the virus. They can’t wear their masks while picking. Gets way too hot and they can’t breath. I’ve seen them by my office out in the fields during lunch and they don’t Social distance and not all of them wear masks on breaks. Then, many live together in crowded homes spreading the virus.most of them are healthy to begin with so, they don’t get violently sick. But the increase in numbers keeps our school children from going back to school. What a mess.

Sincerely Floyd, I respect you and your wife’s service, along with all other folks who are doing such things. I used to work on 3rd south near the old homeless shelter so I know something about the situation in that part of town anyway.

Floyd,

I really don’t know too much about the inner city missions in California, except I know that there was one member from Riverside that had a Physical Condition, (Physically Challenged),
that made it required that he be close to home, so he indeed did serve his two year mission in his city of Riverside, Ca. I hope this helps. I really am not familiar with the program.

Ron

That would be cool that we play Alabama… Nothing could be sweeter than knocking off Nick Saban in my opinion (like Detmer did with Miami)…

On local sports they were saying there could be a chance to plays schools like Virginia Tech, Texas Tech, Notre Dame, Duke, One of the Carolina’s, Iowa, etc… those schools all had scheduled games with either the Big 10 or PAC-12 schools…

That would be interesting to play that many good teams.

the door is shutting on a covid season. Missouri and now Bama. BYU will be lucky if they play upper valley high

Here is what I think the Power 5 conferences should do for independence teams: They should go out and do what the ACC has done and included ND for one season because of the China Virus. The SEC should ask BYU to play this season with them. Hopefully, the Big 12 will do something like that. That would be competitive and American.

What BYU should do if they don’t receive an invite is sue the conferences that have excluded them from playing. Attempting to drum them out of college football. Eliminate the competition because they fear losing to BYU. Seriously! The lost revenue and the lost recruiting potential. Sue them so much they will not recover instead of that happening to BYU. And, other Independence teams should do the same.

The culture at USU is probably more suited to DHC since he’s not Mormon.

He just knew he wasn’t the featured back. That’s why he left Utah. He’s lazy and doesn’t want to work harder.

DHC converted in 2018. He’s a definite big loss if we were playing a decent schedule. We may not need much depth against Liberty, Army, and Massachusetts. The following article has a couple of paragraphs about his conversion.