Interesting take on the Honor Code

Among other sports, common sense and social disabilities!!

Lol spot on!

Awwww…you snuck a comma in there. Look again. No comma. Make a huge difference. Didn’t think I’d catch that…

So I am not sure what your point is? But then again, very seldom do I know what your point is… :joy:

I just like “bloopers.” Don’t you guys have a sense of humor? I just recently was released as Ward clerk due to a merger of two wards. The stake clerk texted me at the conclusion meaning to type “You are a faithful servant.” But he made a typo and it came out “You ate a faithful servant.” It’s funny!
Get a humor bone :slight_smile:

Maybe if I had a blooper, then it would make sense… but since I didn’t, thus my confusion…

I have been subject to the “Evil” text “auto correct” demon… I hate that when it happens…

As I’ve stated, there is a missing comma which made it sound like he was your wife.

A “he” cannot be a “wife”… unless you are trying to be politically correct. The confusion that has ensued with the whole gender identity and same sex marriage stuff going on is exhausting.

There are no missing commas, only your missing common sense.:blush:

[quote=“Floyd_Edwards, post:24, topic:8300”]

Take out the parentheses and read it:
Funny that you posted, My wife, Mr. Mansell and I were talking…

Now, read it. My wife and I were talking. Who is Mr. Mansell??? Get a funny bone and laugh at yourself sometimes. It’s good for the soul :slight_smile:

Quick question here - Have you done this yourself? There is a lot of material that you have posted that has caused the rest of us to laugh… I am wondering if you have laughed at yourself as well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here’s the difference. I’m not laughing at Floyd or his comments on a subject. I’m laughing at a blooper. Do you understand the difference?

Please define the blooper that you continue to talk about… Because several people have yet to see such blooper… Unless it is just in your mind, which we all know lacks “comma sense” :open_mouth:

FYI:
Punctuation is used to separate the items in the list. The usual way of doing this is to place a [comma] after each item in the list:

The last item in a list is often preceded by the words and or or . Some writers and publishers always put a comma before the word and or or but it isn’t wrong to leave it out.

Webster Dictionary is the source.

Sometimes commas are used to clarify or accent. I would have put the 3 in different order, Mr. Mansell, myself and my wife all…
Or, The 3 of us, my wife, Mr. Mansell and I all…
Other than that, I read it and got a laugh because I have a sense of humor. You know what they call a baseball player when they go blind? An UMPIRE!!!

No they call them “Fans”… :rofl:

Floyd, I don’t know if you knew that I live in Sandy. I assume it is Bill Mansell and he happens to be a H.S. Principle and his wife was a teacher at Mivale Elementary school.

Not sure… When I knew Mr. Mansell, he was the principal of Fox Hills Elementary out in the Kearns area.
Now he works at the Draper Temple on Saturday mid-day, So i see him as I come to do the evening shift at the temple.

Can’t find a gentler soul than Mr Mansell.
P.S. Not sure you know I live in Sandy as well… Interesting

I was just talking to Mr. Mansell son Mike and it is him, Principle Bill Mansell which he is the one at that Fox Hill Elemtary school in Kearns. Yes, he is really gentle soul person and a wonderful family. His son Mike is in my ward. Mr. Mansell wife work at Midvale Elementary school (now retired) and taught my two boys.

I wasn’t sure if you live in Sandy or somewhere in Salt Lake Valley. You posted something few months ago that you were attending at Draper Temple. I didn’t say anything until you brought up Mr. Mansell. So I figure you live in Sandy. So I went ahead to ask you that.

Anyway, Hi Neighbor :smile:

This comment has nothing to do with what I asked. I questioned whether you have ever laughed at yourself, like you suggested Floyd should do.

So whether there is a difference or whether you are laughing at Floyd, a blooper or whatever is beside the point of the question I asked.

Try to keep up here. If I am going to fast for you then I don’t know how I can slow things down… I made it simple for you.

Let’s stick to the original take as a blooper. You are trying to move that goal post😊