Is it possible this is on purpose?

You obviously don’t grasp the concept of proving a negative.
This is really simple. If the players are purposely not playing up to their abilities, they know what the outcome come will be, a loss. As I’ve written clearly before, it doesn’t have to be an organize conspiracy. Conspiracies don’t have to be formal and organized. But, if the outcome is known, then all who are not working their butts off and doing what they have been coached to do, are guilty of conspiracy to lose games. Sitaki is saying as much eluding to those who don’t want to work hard and play right will sit. Maybe lose their scholarship.
How and why this lazy and bad attitudes are happening is what the question is. Bad coaching? That’s part of it. Bad attitudes on the team? Probably.

Your last couple of sentences are good discussion points and fit into possible causes/reasons for poor performance.
Since conspiracy by definition requires more than one person - one can’t conspire just with him/herself - (therefore it has to be organized on some level) accusing players of conspiring to throw games without any evidence is out of line in my opinion.

Moving on. This horse has been sufficiently beaten.

Hopper is baiting the field while trying to get a taker! Good response!

Floyd: “So they simply do the minimal amount of effort.”

Me: My definition of quitting for this team.

I honestly just don’t know if they are quitting on their team or is it they are just giving up at the end of Liberty game. Admittedly, maybe that’s the same thing. I think getting your brains beat in after initially trying with effort the first part of the game - and doing at least initially what your coaches have been pounding on you to do- and losing it just mentally wore them out. Not excusing it totally, but isn’t that mostly on coaching?

yes, it was cringe worthy.

well it looks like our wish is coming true:
Kalani Sitake won’t fire anyone midseason, but admits defensive coordinator Ilaisa Tuiaki’s role has changed (msn.com)

Tuiaki, hired as Sitake’s defensive coordinator in 2016 when the twosome came from Oregon State to replace Bronco Mendenhall and Nick Howell, respectively, is now working “full time” with the defensive line, Sitake said when asked what Tuiaki’s role is now that the head coach has taken over defensive play calling duties.

Meanwhile, multiple sources told the Deseret News that Tuiaki offered to resign last Monday after the Arkansas debacle, but Sitake would not let him and the good friends worked out the current arrangement.

“I have never done in-season dismissals,” Sitake said Monday. “We need all hands on deck. I know I have a responsibility here as a head coach, and that is keeping in mind what our fans want and what are players need. I am aware of everything.

You’ve been hopperized. The best antidote is to ignore him.

1 Like

Interesting that the people on the Facebook page always give me thumbs up. Maybe you need to relax and have a conversation instead of being rude

Wait Hopper has time to debate and throw out his bait on Fb also?!!

They like me there. They know how to make and accept other’s opinions. You could learn from them :thinking:

Thank you, Hopper. Another reason to avoid Facebook. :grinning:

1 Like