It will be a sad day for BYU Football

Sr_Burton

" I suspect the PAC 12 is not a good possibility as they have state universities only. "

“USC, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Utah, Colorado”
I did not know that these were state universities.

I thought that UCLA, Cal, Oregon State, Washington State were the only State Universities.

arkie,

“Of course it is an argument but not a debate because the great RU has told us how it should be.”

It is sad that Arkie has not learned how to have a difference of opinion without being insulting and personal.

grasshopper,

“If you aren’t against immorality of homosexual acts then how are you defending morality?”

homosexual acts and immorality is not the issue.

The issue is crossing state lines to interfere with other state politics at the ballet box.

Stanford and USC are Catholic schools but part of the UC system. They have their own standards and do quite well with the high standards as does Notre Dame.

They are the issue when it comes to BYU. What does state lines have to do with anything we are discussing? You lost me there.

Individual church members or the Church, itself, has the constitutional right to cross from one state to another and attempt to influence laws and / policy. There was no FORCING but there were attempts at INFLUENCING. It would be silly to believe, for example, that citizens of other states have NOT come to Utah to attempt (INFLUENCE) to get gambling or marijuana legalized in Utah.

I commented on the TONE of your posts.

Pardon my error USC and Stanford are private institutions-the rest are public entities

Sr_Burton.
Thank you for your post.
Indeed, USC is a secular university. It is not subject to a bound by religious rule.

USC is a private school and not part of the UC system. It is not a part of the State System.

Stanford is a private research university in Stanford, California.

Stanford is the top University in the State of California and ranked the 8th best in the Nation. It is not a part of the UC or State programs.