Keys to a Toledo win

hey, it was coach Sitake and Grimes that mentioned the hard part about recruiting was academics, not me. They said it in an article.

Just another excuse. So, is Utah going to follow California’s lead and let kids make money with their names?

BYU needs to lower the academics requirement

:-/~

Let’s just all be stupid…

I remember that statement and I filed it in the “wait and see” file. My answer today would be. Play Romney.

Play Romney over both Wilson and Hall. Granted the BSU was on game but I saw maturely and a guy that could read defenses. Wilson has NFL talent but dang it if he does not go all 18 year old on us at critical times of the game. I did not watch the Toledo game or the USF game so I don’t know how good Hall is…but we lost those games.

My only concern is that Romney had the benefit of Kalani unloading on his coaches and players.

He told both sides of ball coaches that the schemes had to be more aggressive. Too accomplish that he replaced several key players and moved some coaches around.

I watched Hall in High School, the kid can play. I would hope that he would have a good outing under Kalani’s recent changes.

so who would you start in the USU game?

I like what Grimes said this morning “Let them compete in practice” to determine who is best to start.

The question is: Do the coaches believe that a player can lose their starting spot due to injuries? Some coaches do, others don’t.

You do know there’s a huge difference between high school and college… I watched him against USF and he did well as a college player. Although, he wasn’t as fluid as I was expecting.

Sounds like Grimes thinks Hall can be replaced based on these 2 weeks of practice.

No, he simply believes in competition, meaning if you want the starting job, you have to earn that right. Not just give it them because of past performances.

I think Romney will start. Not that Hall lost his shot because of injury but because Romney earned it through winning against BSU.

1 Like

Hall was winning when he got hurt and Romney was unable to bring them a victory. Oh, that’s because Oldroyd missed another field goal. Need to replace him. Give someone else a try.

Romney entered at the end of the game, and guess what? He almost pulled out the game for us, if it was not for some sloppy play by the offensive line.

Or two missed field goals and Wilson would not have had to throw the pass he was hurt on :slight_smile:

It does not matter if the kicker missed a FG, the point is that Romney, came in cold and almost put us in the end zone to win the game despite all the “misses” we had during the game.

LOL! It doesn’t matter. Would have tied the game and put us in overtime. Another chance to win. In the Toledo game, the two mid-range and short field goal misses would have put us in the lead and a win. Also, Wilson would not have been injured as the pass would not have been made.Field goals missed aren’t a problem :sweat_smile:

Or intercepted… look at Wilson Passes to interception ratio… not really good.

We would be 5-2 right now.

You are so delusional… Zach Wilson threw the interception that Toledo ran back to the two yard line. The next played the scored the TD making it Toledo 28, BYU 21.

Zack youthful mistakes is one of the reason we are 3-4. “BUT” he is not the only reason:

The reason we lost to Utah? Wilson three interception and the defense inability to stop the run.
The reason we lost to Washington? The entire team didn’t show up.
The reason we lost to CFU? the defense did not defend the run (Just like most of the year). The offensive line did not protect Hall (thus the concussion).

Why did we beat USC? Because Zack played well, our Offensive line protected and our FG unit kicked well. We almost lost that game because our defense could not make any stops. Wilson threw a TD with less than 5 minutes left, and all the defense had to do is stop USC. Didn’t happen, USC scored the TD to go into OT. Same with Tennessee.

We could be 1-6 right now, because of the Inceptions of Wilson and him trying to do too much, the bad defensive play calling and performance, the poor protection from the Offensive front line (which contributes to Wilson throwing INT’s).