Kolby Lee transfers to Dixie State

confession time…

About 10 years ago I had a 98’ corvette with an after market K&N air intake system that juiced up the horsepower and it had been lowered as well. I drove it up for a BYU football game and was coming back home on a Sunday. The 15 fwy had no traffic, so I tested it out a bit. This car would throw you back in the seat when you pushed the pedal doing 70… so I let it go and hit 165 on my speedometer before I realized things were going by me way too fast.

Needless to say I will never do that again.

Oh, so that was you!!! Where are the police when you need one :joy:

And Pope’s team got gutted by UCLA in the first game of the NCAA. Great coaching, just like the BYU Men’s Volleyball team tonight against Hawaii. Winner take all.

Didn’t you see the thread I started about volleyball? Head games

I can’t drive…165. The red rocker

What happens to Colby Lee’s wife in BYU Women’s basketball. At 6’3" we sure could use her. Where will she play next year, at BYU or at Dixie State?

I don’t know but I can see the possibility of another Shawn Bradley in about 20 years…

Last I heard, Lee will stay in Dixie week days and come home to Provo for weekends. Kayla will play for BYU.
BYU basketball: Kolby Lee opens up about decision to transfer schools - Deseret News

Yes, he played well the year before. He was able to get to the basket for those short flip shots. But last year, he just looked slower. He didn’t get close to the basket and when he did he missed shots. His shooting percentage fell. He was a liability on defense as he just looked slower. I hope things go well for him and he plays like he did with Childs. But, I would work Lohner in because he has a huge upside. Not sure Harward was better than Lee.

He was better. He worked harder and put a lot of effort in when he was on the floor. He was more aggressive and was better around the basket.

Anything else?

His numbers were not as good as Lee’s the year before. It’s impossible to improve when you are pulled for making a mistake every time. Happened to Ainge in Boston until they got a new coach that stopped doing it.

Anything else?

Fillmore has a new Bishop today…

Visalia has a new bishop as well.

So you think BYU needs a new coach because he sat Lee? because that’s what it sounds like. Go back and read your post and think about what you are saying before you post it. Lee was not “pulled” for making mistakes. He got less playing time because his potential and ceiling were limited.

I do believe you have a problem recognizing talent. Either that or you just want to argue a pointless issue. It doesn’t matter if you think Lee was better than Harward. Pope is a smart coach and he knows what he is doing. Harward got more playing time because he brought energy and toughness to the team when they needed it. He helped the team turn momentum among other things. Basketball is not just a game of statistics, there are other factors that affect the strength of a team than what you see on paper. I think you understand what I am talking about but I wonder a lot of the time.

What I do know is the prior year his numbers were solid as a Sophomore. It seems that his upside was pretty good. Perhaps what hurt Lee more was Haarms was never Childs. With Childs he was able to get to the basket. But last year he wasn’t able to. However, that skill also diminishes because of less playing time. The fact was that Lee was pulled quickly when he missed a shot.