KVN on 1280 Salt Lake Radio

slow down and take a breath…

There is nothing in anything I said that is “setting judgement” about him. Is there anything wrong with suggesting that somebody can show more gratitude?

I finally listened to the interview and I understand what KVN is saying. He has a legitimate concern. I can empathize with him because I too was a student at BYU. The setting and environment for learning there is fantastic but there are a LOT of things that I felt could be done differently or with a little more “user friendly” approach.

I agree with KC in that I think the atmosphere for interpersonal relationships and lasting friendships or how people get along with one another is weak at best. This is evident in what KVN is saying, what Jason Buck said and what many others feel.

We love the institution, but boy do a lot of the people who run things and make decisions need a LOT of help in a lot of areas. The holier than thou thing or the pompous arrogance that is so much a part of it should change. It HAS to change.

Lastly, we’ve all been at that point in life where KVN was. How long was he there? I don’t know. We have all been on a road that leads to destruction. How far down that road we go before we decide to get off is the only difference. Maybe we only set one foot on it, maybe we walked a few steps or a mile or two. Maybe some of us are still on it. At some point a person has to make the decision to get off or ruin thier life. It’s part of the lessons and experience we learn about by coming to earth.

Jim, I think your post is right on, pretty much all of your comments. I loved my overall experience at the Y, but there were experiences that did not jibe with what I believe BYU is about. Experience with HC (hypocrisy - but not too big a deal) and a few cold condescending experiences with some profs and some admin folks. But this was back when BM was a child.

Oh, just heard a audio clip (from today) where Bronco admits that he has not done well with alums and needs to do better. I just hope that is more than verbal diarrhea.

Having been a BM supporter for many years now, this negativity does not bode well for BYU football in the future. Unless things turn around in 2015 I look for major changes to occur. Having an alumni base that is enthusiastic and supportive of the program is important to the program, especially for recruiting and the general well-being of the institution. I’m not going to touch aspects of what Mendenhall does or doesn’t do, but it is ultimately the AD and the Head Coach who are responsible for establishing the persona that surrounds the team. Van Noy and Buck expressed their opinions as well as others, both supportive and non-supportive. No matter which side you are on-I believe everyone wants what they believe is best for the future of the program including all of you posters. That there seems to be so much dissension is troubling-after all a house divided cannot stand. I hope the right decision is made and the future becomes united for the success of the program.