LMU had Gonzaga on the ropes

I thought the substitution s were good. I don’t know what to do about a Nonchalant starts to our games. The game should’ve never been close if they were prepared and engaged

It’s always been a problem. Great defense usually turns into better offense. That’s how we won both games at the end. The problem is because we have less raw talent we get into foul trouble when we come out aggressively. I do know we need to protect the ball on offense better. Too many lazy passes.

I agree. Our ballhandling in the LMU game was very sloppy - especially near the start. Some of that could have been from our big road OT win a couple days before.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this finishes up. This Thursday vs SF will be huge. Whoever wins that will be in the driver’s seat for 2nd place. The MC should be rocking on Thursday.

I am OK with a couple of Haws’ TOs attempting to lob to Baxter. I am not OK with the lazy man TOs, and 6 in a game is a TON for any PG. Cannon had a TO between the 3 pt line and mid court where he was just lazy and threw it right to the guy for a runout. He had another under the hoop with a very poorly executed around the back pass. We are not good enough to beat good teams playing sloppy like that. I’m totally OK with Haws driving and making cute over the shoulder, around the back, or lobs, because he has great instincts on that stuff, and he can finish if the pass is defended.

I may be wrong but…the road win at SDU was a season definer. SF at our place, if we can’t start strong and play strong…and win this thing, I would think that even the staunchest Rose lover would have to scratch his head and wonder if it isn’t time for Rose to hang it up.

He said it, I didn’t…Jim would say, “That there is LAZY RECRUITING”.

If we lose to SF Rose should quit? Quitters never win and winners never quit. I don’t agree.
Jim will turn a common foul into a conspiracy that Stern is still involved with BYU’s losses and the NBA being phony :sunglasses:

Any idea what was hopper trying to say? :roll_eyes:

Not sure where Hopper is going here. In defense of Jim, yes he has some consipracy theories. But guess what, conspiracy theories are frequently correct. Such as Project Sunshine, Woodrow Wilson’s wife running the country during his stroke, Dalai Lama getting $180k from the US Govt in the 60’s, etc.

I still think Hopper may have some Rose blood in him as he so vigorously and constantly defends DR.

As Fish and others have said, I think DR is a good coach. Great person. But is he a terrific talent evaluator, coach, and recruiter that can get us to the next level? No. Does that person exist? I’m not sure, but I’d like to see us try.

Conspiracies are usually proven true? Ummm…no. They aren’t.
Why do you think BYU can recruit NBA shoeins? No matter what Coach is coaching? Ainge is the last one who started some games.

Dave Rose has been out coached by many good coaches - including Mark Few & Randy Bennett. If we had Dave Rice under DR still, then we would have a good team with those great players (Chatman, FB4, Dastrup) still at BYU.

I don’t watch it. It is entertainment and I can be entertained in other ways. If it were true sports then I might be interested, after all basketball is a sport.

The NBA is a sport and entertains people. So what?

True sport is entertaining. The nba is not true sport so, for me, it is not entertaining. It’s rigged for superstars and for money.

Right. And I’m the Easter Bunny :slight_smile:

Oh, he does exist, little brother, and he works three miles up the road from BYU.

I never said conspiracy theories are usually proven true. I said they are frequently correct. Major difference there.

The hopper has a penchant for taking what someone writes and twisting it into what he wants it to be so he can look good. I can say it is “rigged” for superstars and money, which everyone knows it is and they admit as much in the league, and the hopper twists that into some complicated conspiracy theory so he can justify his fandom by claiming that it is all clean and real.

Well, I have seen plenty of rabbits that “hop in the grass” so the easter bunny is a grasshopper. Who gave your kids baskets on easter or hid eggs? It was the easter bunny, end of story.

The connotation of “frequently” is most of the time :slight_smile: Used by liberals all the time in other political forums. Nice try :slight_smile: