National Champions Ohio State

Easy call. Baylor and TCU did not play conference championship and OSU did. That game says you are the best in that conference. Big 12 did not have a champion. easy call

1 Like

Iā€™m sure if Meyer was coming to BYU there were be a lot of happy fans and all this other nonsense would disappear. Game ball goes to the Ohio State offensive line. Their QB looked like a man amongst boys-Similar to Vince Young in the Texas vs USC game. Oregon was pounded down-simple-doesnā€™t take away from a great season and a future NFL pro-bowl QB. Meyer isnā€™t my favorite coach, but give him his credit because itā€™s due. Motivator-yes-great coach yes-What is coaching anyway if 50% of it isnā€™t motivating players to play hard. I may not particulary care for him-but great coach he is.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a big fan of Meyers either, but he does produce. Yes, he had issues in Florida eventually. It makes wonder how long he will really last at Ohio.

In my last Stake, their was a guy who played on the Utah Fiesta Bowl team, He had nothing but high praise for coach Meyers.

A couple of things. He spent seven seasons at Florida, and is in his third year at Ohio State.
One thing that I always questioned was his work out routine I heard about when he took over at Ohio State. The claim was that many of the players increase quite a bit of muscle mass prior to his first season. When I heard the claim, it sounded like the only why that could of happened was with special supplements, if you know what I mean.

Russ, I donā€™t question Meyers coaching as much as how he motivates his team.

I also noticed that he generally donā€™t stay at one place long enough to coach his own recruits.

I donā€™t like it either, but my friend did.

Agreed about the coaching issue with recruits, but that all changed in Florida (seven seasons). He has been at Ohio State three now. Like I said before, I wonder how long he will really stay. He won the first NC with mostly other recruits, but the second one came in the fourth season at Florida.

define successā€¦

IN todayā€™s world it is all about rankings and money. It is a known fact that many of the schools at the top of the heap pull a lot of strings and donā€™t do things that are completely clean. Likewise those are the same teams that seem to win a lot.

You know what I am talking about.

Noā€¦

the year BYU beat UCLA at home 59-0 was not a year UCLA was better or supposed to beat BYU.

That stuff happens in meaningless games but rarely in a conference title game between two schools that are VERY evenly matched.

Stay on track here, your comparisons are faulty and weak.

How true Jimā€¦ It really is a shame that college sports has gotten to that point.