Newest un-confirmed rumor egarding football EXPANSION

thawk thawk

June 22
" I agree, but a more accurate statement is that the Lord cleared up the confusion through JS! "

I am sure the Lord appreciates the correction that you made on his commandment. Thanks.

He guys,

Each and everyone of us,

What does all of this have to do with FOOTBALL. (You know that sport we call a diversion, for mental health).

I want to make a comment about someone with all of his rightousness said about me early today. He said that if
we have to change the gospel (Paraphrase), in order to get into a power 5 conference like (Ron) wants us to do, it would be better to give up the sport.

This person in all of his holyness missed the whole point of the conversation. The point of the conversation, was not to change the gospel, but to learn now to live the gospel without offending others with our arrogance.

Football and Power conferences was just an example of how we need to clean up our act and be less arrogant.

We diodn’t use to be arrogant back in the 30’s 40’s, 50’s or even the 60’s. We started to become more and more so each decade since the 70’s… What a shame.

:weary: :tired_face:

No correction of the Lord intended. Just pointing out that JS translation isnt from JS. The translation is from the Lord with JS serving as the mouthpiece. Nothing more intended.

We are our brother’s keepers. What does this all entail to be our brother’s keeper?

I do agree with most of what you wrote. It’s hard to say no to a calling. But sometimes a person like yourself would always get a stamp of approval from the Lord if a leader was wanting to call you. It’s up to the Bishop and Stake President to watch for people getting multiple callings like you had.
The Church never had stock in the Coca Cola company. Just another Mormon legend.

Ronald Uharriet

Reply|
Today, 3:31 PM
Scott Gavenman ([email protected])
You are wrong Scott regarding the Church never owning stock in the coke Cola company.

Scott, I appreciate and agree with the first part of your post regarding one’s calling’s
You are not correct about the coke cola company,

For most of the year 1955, the Church owned half of the company.
There was so much outrage, that the company was sold as soon as possible.

For at least part of the time that the Chuch owned half of the company, there were coke machines
in some of the halls at BYU.

Adam S. Benion, at the said Religious Retreat spent several hours telling us about the event. There
was such an outcry of disapproval, the the machines were removed from BYU and the company was sold.

Scott,

It means, (unfortuanately) different things to different people. It should mean the same to all of us. For some, it means
brother’s keeper that are LDS in good standing and Straight. I believe it should mean, all that God created, Christian, Jew, Hindo, Buddest, Musleum, agnostic, atheist, male, female, LGBT, and all others that I may have left out.

What do you think.

Also, we should touch on Love thy neighbor as thyself and maybe the good Samaratan. Perhaps we should tough on the Gospel of Forgiveness, (70 X 7), and the Gospel of Tolarance.

Scott, we do not have to agree on all things, but hopefull we will agree on some things and I think that you will agree that these are subjects that should be discussed and delt with and not swept under the rug.

Probably we should not use the football foreum for this, but this seems to be where most of the posting is made.

Floyd,

This does bother me that we have to correct the Lords words, which have been translated in more than a 100 different languages and/or dilects that all come out to be the same, Judge not, lest ye be judged. Why would the Lord tell JS
something different??? It almost seems that if a scrioture is not convient, it is said to have been changed. I also fear those that would like to continually change the USA Constitution for our own good. (Or modify) (or amend) or, or, or.
We have already lost our right to privacy and nobody complains. We have lost our freedom of speech to an extent, and nobody complains. There is an attack on the Freedom of the Press right now, lead by our President, and many of us think he is correct. It bothers me when we change the wording in the Bible.

Floyd,

If I understand you correctly, I do agree with you on all parts.

Not to disagree or to agree, but to question with no hidden agenda, I would like to discuss the follow:

quote:
“Yes, the LBGT community submitted a letter to the Big 12 conference that they would boycott if BYU was admitted into the conference. Do you have ANY documented proof that actually influenced their decision? Because the easy was for them to show that influence was to invite other schools.”

I do think that the Big 12 took the easy, (and with all things considered), the only exceptable route, by not offending the
LGBT community (and at the same time), not offending BYU, by choosing different schools. While I would much prefer being in the Pac 12 where I like almost every school in the pac 12, I do think that it was genious the way the Big 12 handled this situation.

I use to think that it might be money that kept BYU or any other school out of the Greedy Big 12, but there was a claus in the TV contract that said if the Big 12 was to expand, the money increase for TV rights would also expand accordingly.
It is true that ESPN did bribe the Big 12 a bonus for each school in the Big 12 if they did not expand at this time. Of course, money talks at the cost of others needing to walk.

Roy, I agree with your last blank post.

Roy,

i agree with your blank post above.

:sunglasses:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I have yet found any evidence that the Church owned stock in Coca Cola. Do you have any evidence?

Grasshopper,

Wriite to the GA’s and ask them which month in 1955 they acquire stock or interest in the company and which month
they sold their share of the company and how long did they have the company in 1955 before they found a willing buyer.

So, you don’t really know for sure :wink:

1 Like

No, that is not correct.
I am absolutely certain.
Adam S. Benion and our group discussed the matter for about 3 hours at a Religious Retreat in Bavaria in 1955.
I don’t think that the GA would lie about it.

But there is nothing recorded about owning stock in Coca Cola. Although, I don’t see that as a problem since drinking caffeinated sodas is a sin in and of itself. Not one that will keep someone out of the celestial kingdom.