Not sure what to think

Harvard just beat Auburn 69 to 51.
Jeff

Look at the team’s Harvard lost to and they were close games. They can flat out shoot. And, they play tough D. BYU should have won had they made a couple of more free throws.

Yeah, one particular player was 2-5 from the line and they ran a play for him at the end of regulation that resulted in an air ball. Oh my, it was the same player that broke the 3 point and scoring record for the tournament. So happy for his INDIVIDUAL accomplishments yet so sad for his disregard as a team player… :disappointed:

Harvard is a better team than BYU, that is why they won the game. You don’t see anyone of their team gunning for personal accomplishments like triple doubles or scoring/3 point shooting records.

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t his decision to be playing at the end of the game or to have the play go to him. A coach made that decision.
I’m just astounded he was still in the game at that point.
The free throw shooting on this team this year is inexcusable. And has lost both the Harvard and LBSU games, and heavily contributed to the Utah and Colorado losses. Rose’s teams have lead the nation and dragged the bottom of the barrel in FTs over the years…this isn’t one of the good years. or the better teams.

Then blame the coach. Why are you all over Fischer? So he missed some free throws. So does the rest of the team. I’d sure have wanted him to take the last shot today if it was in the same situation. I don’t see that because we have players that can set records that somehow that accomplishment is evil and those involved are evildoers.

I can try to explain but I know you won’t get it. You will simply read what i write and then try to find something wrong with it. How do I know this? because that is what you do all the time. I have agreed with several of your posts, as I do with everyone on this board (including Floyd) but I also disagree on occasion. You, on the other hand, disagree 99% of the time and for no apparent reason.

It wasn’t about the fact that he “missed some free throws”, it was the fact that he forced a shot up in a double team and he had Davis breaking for the basket wide open. It was the selfish decision that was bothersome, not the missed free throws. The missed free throws were just the icing on his selfisch cake. Are you getting it yet? I’m not bothered by the fact that he scored 41 points yesterday, but I am bothered by the fact that he was still in the game with a 25 point lead and less than 4 minutes to go, pushing for that 40 point game with crazy off balanced shots. Are you getting it yet? If you aren’t then I am wasting my time once again…

This is why I say Rose is in the middle of it. He is encouraging and contributing to Fischers problem. I believe that it is bad for the team and team chemistry. Rose scratches his head and wonders why the team is not more consistent and maybe he should take a look at his coaching philosophy… Call it Jimmeritis or whatever but for some reason, Rose is obsessed with personal accomplishments for individual players and the team suffers because of it. Look at yesterday’s game… he was so focused on Fischer getting a record that he forgot about Emery and left him in the game. Emery took a nasty spill and who knows what might have happened… maybe he suffers a bad injury. Also, KC and his triple doubles need to take a back seat. He has the record so let it go. I think all of this is as much on the coaching philosophy as it is on the individual players.

Well, we have to assume he saw Davis before making the decision to go up. Yes, there are times I see the bigs do the same. I say kick it out and get better position and they will kick it back in. That isn’t selfishness. That’s players trying to do what coach has asked of them.
All you are doing is saying Rose is not coaching the best he can. But you do it without knowing why he is doing it. Fischer was scoring in other ways than just 3’s, like Haws did last year. If I were Coach, I’d leave him in to and get a better feel for getting to the paint more often.
The team looked good and played as a team. Rose wants more of that too. Playing others and letting the lead slip away would have undermined that. Now bench players know they have to come in and fit in. Ayers finally is getting it and looked better as the game went on.

Thanks for doing exactly what I said you would do… predictable. :weary:

1 Like

You expect everyone to fall in line with you conspiracy thought and reason. I don’t nor should I. I don’t see any proof. You take actions on the court and force them into your conspiracies. You seem to think you know the mind and hearts of people and have a test for that. You don’t. Toolson leaves because he is selfish and doesn’t get playing time which was false. Not that he had a severe depression episode. It’s stuff like that, that diminishes your accusations. You are trying to prove something you can’t. Admit it :slight_smile:

This has absolutely nothing to do with any conspiracy. You never see any proof of anything you don’t want to see, even when it is in front of your face. There is no conspiracy yet you seem to be obsessed with that. I am only expressing my observations of the way the team is playing and trying to come up with ideas for why they lose close, obviously winnable games. You say it is missed free throws but that is too easy Captain Obvious.

We are not talking about the hearts and minds of people but there is nothing wrong with analyzing the actions of people and trying to figure out why they do what they do. Do you think you know the hearts and minds of ISIS members? Do you have a test for it? Of course not and it doesn’t matter, their actions are what matters and we analyze and comment accordingly. It is no different in this situation. We watch what is going on and we comment and try to come up with ideas for what we are seeing. Your being the lone wolf in this particular situation doesn’t work like it may in other situations. The consensus from the rest of the cougarfans is in agreement and it reflects what is going on. The problem with your opinions is that they aren’t reflective of what everyone else is seeing so nobody agrees with you. Keep trying… because your answers are wrong. :open_mouth:

I’m not trying to prove anything. Likewise I never said anything about Toolson being selfish. I have only accused Fischer of that and KC to a lesser degree. The factual observations back it up and every other astute basketball person (you willingly omit yourself from that group) on this board sees it as well. It is a big part of the reason they lose close games. So… once again I am not trying to prove something but at least I am willing to discuss issues beyond the superficial comments like “missed free throws or turnovers” that can contribute to the lack of success for a team. Are you willing to do the same? what about chemistry? probably the biggest single factor that contributes to the success or failure of a team. Are you capable of doing that?

JH: I’m not trying to prove anything.

SG: All the time. Always trying to use the big picture to prove your conspiracies. And, you are always trying to convince me of your way of reasoning. So, you are. And, to others too.

JH: Likewise I never said anything about Toolson being selfish. I have only accused Fischer of that and KC to a lesser degree.

SG: Ummm…even Floyd called you out on this :wink: And, I’m not accusing Fischer doing anything less than what Rose has asked of him.

JH:The factual observations back it up and every other astute basketball person (you willingly omit yourself from that group) on this board sees it as well.

SG: They aren’t factual. They are simply your observations. Your rant about crossing the line in football was factually pointed out to you by Floyd and you still wouldn’t agree. It was your observation through your blue goggles :smile:

JH: It is a big part of the reason they lose close games. So… once again I am not trying to prove something but at least I am willing to discuss issues beyond the superficial comments like “missed free throws or turnovers” that can contribute to the lack of success for a team. Are you willing to do the same? what about chemistry? probably the biggest single factor that contributes to the success or failure of a team. Are you capable of doing that?

SG: I don’t think missing free throws and losing games is superficial. Yesterday, we shot like 85% FT and blew them out. You hit free throws and you hit the other shots as well. I think chemistry is a big part of it too. And, that is why Rose is limiting playing time for some of the players at this point. He’s trying to get a group of 8 to play well together. Then, he can work the others in. I wish he’d do that earlier in the year.