Pepperdine game

THIS. Thank you! They called several both ways. Poor Hardnet was getting screwed over. Elijah calls hardnet the bug. Fitting for someone so small yet strong. I like Bergerson’s potential and I like TJ’s new direction.

I enjoy that, on the floor, TJ seems to be powered by hate. I just enjoy it. That is all.

I love how Luke run’s the floor and gets into position. I wish all of our bigs would hustle like that. Nixon did a good job and Yo has his moments, but he definitely has different gears. Payton CAN do it but often gets lost, but he’ll figure it out. Love that goofball.

I enjoy this team. There isn’t a single player that enrages me, and we have several good all-around players. Kyle last year was such an amazing player but the massive problem of his outside shot couldn’t be overcome, Your PG must knock down open threes. We don’t have that fundamental flaw on this team. Of course, I would kill to have KC back.

1 Like

My philosophy is you bench guys for not being where they are supposed to be, not for having a bad shooting night (don’t take a bunch if you’re not feeling it) but take the open shot.

But so help me if you don’t make the right defensive rotation on time, I hope Schroyer yells at you so loud his head implodes. I can forgive missed shots, but floor movement is just effort and understanding.

I think Haws is capable of volume scoring and he can create it. Also, hardnet could potentially take over a game, he just doesn’t.

How do we all feel about Yeoli dribbling? I enjoy it like a roller coaster that might fall apart. I guess it’s a necessary part of his development.

1 Like

i guess a lot of people can be volume scorers. i look at it like -can u be a volume scorer and shoot +45%. I’ve seen a lot of scorers shoot in the 30% bracket and their teams regularly lost games. alan iverson comes to mind. Haws doesnt look like he is in that zone yet, even though he really takes pretty decent shots. Bryant usually takes good shots and if he isnt shooting well from outside, he takes it inside. In Childs defense-he probably feels he has to score in order for the team to win. mika did much the same last year. i cringe everytime someone takes a “hope” shot because someone else will have a better shot. dastrup needs to take open shots because he is a good shooter, but if he feels hesitant to take the open shot he probably won’t make it. if dastrup, seljaas, cannon or haws can hit at the +45% -let them jack it up-it will make the difference on this squad-and that, in my opinion is what is holding this team back-the 3rd and fourth option

45% would be phenomenal. I would settle for less, but I concede your main point: efficiency.

For a second there, I thought you said you would kill to have KC Black . . . :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

yes it would be phenomenal-Tyler Haws averaged 48% for the 4 years he was at BYU and is BYU’s all time leading scorer and people couldnt wait for TJ because he was better yet. Bryant averaging 51%-Childs 54%-Haws 37%-Hardnett-47%-Seljaas 48%-just a few interesting stats and of course stats dont tell it all as in who leads the team in turnovers, assists and rebounds which i didnt bother with

Haws just did…Santa Claritaaaaaa baby. but then SC has one player to worry about, Fagan, and he couldn’t even get to double digits last night. Santa Clara is team that could lose some games in our rec. league, very average athletes.

Haws and Seljaas have had 2 good games in a row but I think it is matchups, The next 4 games will tell us the truth…certainly SMC and San Diego will be sure indicators.

They are fun to watch. I get crazy over the lack of development of Dastrup or when TJ and Seljaas get plowed by stronger players but as a whole BYU is in position make some noise,. not a senior on the team.

Your KC reference reminded my of an interview I heard on EPSN-BYU radio 960…KC got released this week and the ESPN analyst said that he just can’t find a place in the NBA because as a guard, KC can’t shoot and everyone as a guard in the NBA has a shot. KC should go to Europe and make buckets of money.

He went on to say that Yo and Eli both have better upside…Yo has an NBA body, explosive but needs to change his shot, just too much going on with his free throws, not clean. Eli has the total package, smooth as silk shooter, powerful just maybe not quick enough but then they said that about Deron Williams.

1 Like

KSL last night said he is back with Dallas Maverick again. Not sure what it was. Meaning he WAS cut this week then got resign again yesterday. Maybe it was my dream while watching and dreaming at the same time.

It was KUTV 2 Sports said that last night not KSL. Still not finding anything yet.

Chatman video, he’s one that “got away”. Also, Frank Bartley is tearing it up as a ragin Cagin. averageing 18 points a game now. Video included. Both of these guys would be an upgrade to our guard line up. Too bad

Yeah, how long will Rose fool around with Dastrup before the big man jumps ship and goes on to tear it up for another team.

It is all too common for BYU to waste time and lose some great players because they think someone else can play better.

If Worthington left, I guarantee he wouldn’t do anything anywhere else.

Don’t forget about Toolson who is doing well at UVU…