Prediction Time...new coaching staff

Thanks txcoug.
Beck is gone to va. with Bronco.

If you notice all of the military academies in Division I FBS play with some kind of option offense. They do so because they can compete against teams with better athletes and larger teams with more speed. Navy plays Notre Dame every season and other FBS giants. Now Navy is in the AAC, so their schedule is more or less a little less than before joining the AAC. But they still have to play Cincinnati, ECU, Houston, and Memphis in their schedule.
I think if Coach Ken Neo…from Navy is the pick for the next BYU HC.He will change his offense to which fits the BYU program, pocket passer with our QB. He could use some of his triple option if and when Hoague (check spelling) is in at QB and as an alternative on some trick plays.

I agree. For some reason I think that the coach from Navy will end up here at Byu but I am hoping he will get someone like detmer to be his OC

My coaching staff would be Bevell, Sitake and Detmer.

Can’t see BYU bringing Sark in. I believe in second and third chances but he’s a ticking time bomb and I don’t believe a new staff can afford that kind of possible distraction.

Coaching picks will quickly indicate a few things for us and the team:

How much value do the powers that be place on the football program. In other words, wifi they pay what it will take to get the best they can. If not, fear that because of attrition in good players, BYU football may never be a top 25 team again and may fade into complete non-relevance

What kind of football we will see - run happy or Edwards type pass ball control. If the former, no matter how well done, my fa Saturday afternoons will pleasantly be spent on the golf course and I won’t feel like I’m missing anything at all.

No Sitake on defense and our Poly recruiting will suffer big time, as will the defense. If not a Sark or Detmer on offense, look out for big time QB talent disappearing act.

Need to also pay assistance well enough to get some of the best available position coaches.

Holme is in a tough spot. If he doesn’t get the money and tries to do this in the hope that lesser quality “good guys” will get it done, I really believe a disaster in football is just around the corner, starting next fall with the worst record in 40 years.

We’ll know by next week?!

He wants to bring his own staff, which poses a problem since they would have to take a 50% pay cut and are not LDS and they all love coaching at Navy. I think the assistant coach issue will be the biggest problem trying to talk Niumatololo into taking the job. I hope Holmoe brings his A game on Monday, and a suitcase full of booster $.