Rain is expected for the bowl game

If both teams played 10 games in a season, UAB would win between 6 and 7 games.

Then all the coaches including Kalani Sitake should be fired

There was a challenge and I don’t see how they could call that a fumble. But, why did he not catch that? I think the timing was off all day without Hall. He was a big loss. And, I think the difference

I have overstayed my interest in the program. BYU is NOT a top of the heap FB program, much less a NY6 or CFP team.

See ya.

When you can’t stop the run or rush the passer you won’t win many games. Allowing 31 points to be scored on you is another Tui/Sitake pipe dream of winning a ball game. UAB is just a little better than average team. BYU is uncanny in their ability to lose to teams that they should beat. It is all on the defense. Allowing over 200 yards rushing is embarrassing.

Passing offense wasn’t there for BYU. If it was, we would have won.

And, what did it do today? Rained and we had that fumble…tick-tock :rofl:

Totally agree with that comment. I was half expecting this result. When we have watched this all season long we realize how fortunate BYU was to be 10-2 and beat all 5 Pac 12 teams they faced this season. Most of the games were of the coin flip variety even though BYU has better talent and should dominate most games and in particular the time of possession. They just didn’t do that this season.

Well, in this case, we made a key mistake on offense that stopped the 4th quarter drive. In the wins, we followed through with the touchdown to win. Not having Hall was obviously a challenge mainly for his experience. Also, Hall has a stronger arm for that wind as well. The non-pitch to Allgeirs was an experience mistake. Ya, the defense was weak and without a lot of starters. But, it’s not all on the defense. We should have been able to not go down 14 early on.

Interesting comment. BYU went down 14 early on because the defensive scheme couldn’t stop anything. Remind me again how many times UAB punted?

No, we went down 14 early on because our offense was playing tentative and didn’t keep up.

It was 14-14 pretty quickly after it was 14-0.

Try again with a different excuse.

No it wasn’t. It took into the 2nd quarter to score. We fell behind and should not.

According to one of the players (cannot remember which one), the loss is not a problem because everyone loves everyone and love is all around. Perhaps that is why most of BYUs wins were close ones because love requires that should we win it not be by many points because we love the opponents also and do not want them to feel bad.

To lose this game only cements what all the power brokers in college football say about BYU football year after year. That we are a good program but certainly not an elite program. This loss very clearly demonstrates that an NY6 game is beyond the Ys reach. Sitaki had his usual schtick in the post-game interview. He is the coach for 6 more years and has a nice raise and forget the loss and get ready for next year. That is the mantra for average to good (but not great) teams, “Wait till next year.”
With today’s performance and the end of the 2021 season, I can cut fandom ties with BYU athletics. I have said it before, more than once, but this time it is true emotionally. To those sticking with it, good luck to you.

When one loses, it’s important to look ahead and begin the task right away. To dwell on the hurt gets them nowhere. To dwell on the loss increases the pain and stops progression in which the past two years has progressed greatly. Good thing Sitaki is the coach and we are the fans.