Ranking the WCC

1 Gonzaga clearly in the lead, they almost lost on the road to Pepperdine and they should have lost. Pepperdine comes in as a spoiler in the WCC, they have little chance of dancing but they do have the ability to beat a SMC or destroy a hot BYU team as we all witnessed. Gonzaga does have some holes and clearly can be beat. Pangos has games where is plays very average and when that happens (as in last night), they can be beat. The MVP for Gonzaga in league has to be Wiltjar who seems to get 20 every night he plays.

2 SMC, and they will stay #2 until BYU can beat them at home. SMC has the best inside game in the WCC with Waldo but I am excited to see how BYU’s up tempo game wears on him. If BYU can hit shots like they did at Pacific, there is no way SMC can keep up. If Winder can play effectively and Fischer hits some shots, BYU has about a 40% chance. Do I think they are better than BYU? No, SMC always plays a weak preseason schedule and should never get a smell from the NCAA, but they do and they manage to win a GU or BYU game now and again. It works so why change.

3 BYU, We did get 20 points from our bigs that we have not had since the pioneers came to settle the West. Good to see Andrus get minutes, by far our best big man effort. Kuafusi needs to get back to basics, don’t leave your feet, son. Can anyone tell why Bartley4 can’t get in a game? and Lastly, I am very disappointed that KC is getting no love from national sports. Here he is getting triple doubles at a level that the NCAA has never seen before and not a lick of a comment. It only proves one thing…Nobody cares about the WCC and nobody watches.

I was going to comment a little on the game and some of your thoughts, so here goes.

Haws - got mugged all night and still produced. He is incredible sometimes, like a scoring robot or something. I don’t know how he does it, so consistent.
KC - Confidence a plenty. He deserves more recognition but it is not because he is in the wcc. If he played for GU or SMU he would get it. It’s because he plays for BYU and Haws already gets too much pub. No way they can talk about 2 fantastic seasons.
Winder - definitely missed last night, hope he gets better.
Halford - makes himself valuable… his spazzy defense and ways are annoying but worth his contributions.
Worthington - He started but why. I still don’t get it and he proves it every game. I would love to see him focus on one thing and do that decently before getting any more time. He is regressing.
Fischer - he had it going last night, what a great shooting stroke when he catches and shoots in rhythm. When he tries to do too much, it doesn’t work. When he plays smart, he is great.l
Kaufusi - still showing his inexperience. Why is he so quick to leave his feet? Stop jumping on D, save it for the O.
Andrus - really curious why he never plays… forced into action he was decent.
Nixon - lots of minutes, not a lot of production. Not sure why…
Toolson - not sure what his role is, seems confused but might be more effective if he knew role.
Nielson - Still think he would be better if he had more minutes earlier in the season.
Sharp - not bad for 2 minutes of play. His experience might be better utilized.
Bartley - Got more playing time last year. This one confuses me. I don’t understand Rose’ on this one. He should be getting minutes, particularly last night.

I thought BYU played good, the officiating hurt both teams. The defense was mediocre but the offense came through like they seem to on the road. Not sure why that is the case. The specifics are things I’ve said before.

Well, they are following Gonzaga which is in the WCC. They are ranked #3. If we beat the big teams, we would too get lots of notoriety.

Do we ever know the date of a post on this Board?

upper right hand side of the posts tell you the day or hours.

Well that is really reassuring. This Board is NOT user friendly, nor is it conducive to casual conversation. Does anybody have any ideas on other free Boards on BYU sports? This thing just doesn’t cut it.