Romney leaving. not good at all

I liked Romney but he wasn’t real impressive in the bowl game but the only BYU player who was impressive was Allgeier. Romney was a very good passer in terms of accuracy, quick release, so forth. Hall brings more overall talent to the table but his big issue is his proneness to injuries. It would have been good to have Romney around for insurance but who can blame him if he is looking for an opportunity to be a starter somewhere. Conover supposedly is a great prospect so maybe he will be better than Romney as a back up and hopefully will have the patience to apprentice behind Hall and then start for a few years. Backing up a proven starter used to be the formula for QB success at BYU but we are in different times these days with guys wanting to start from day one and with the transfer portal it is easy to go elsewhere if there is a perception that there is a starting spot to be had without facing competition.

I also think there is more upside with Hall and Conover. There are some RBs in the transfer portal that I’m sure Sitaki is looking at. Wake Forest’s top RB entered the portal. We are in good hands and hopefully deeper for next year.

Romney won every single game he ever started in except the bowl game, just sayin.

Hall is very vanilla at the pass game, can’t make many NFL throws but excells at the mental game and legs. Speed kills and he has elite speed.

Romney should of stayed put. He knows the system, can step in seamlessly and Hall has never stayed healthy, If he thinks a transfer if going to help his future, then transfer to Stanford. I mean, who has stayed healthy with BYU’s P5 schedules.

In the article about Gunner Romney decision to stay, there was this comment:

" Romney’s brother [Baylor announced he was calling time on his BYU career] on New Year’s Eve, when he put his name into the transfer portal but also hinted that his injury-plagued career may be done, as well."

I am a little confused by this comment, because I am not sure if they are talking about Gunner or Baylor’s injuries? Kind of weird, I know Baylor had a couple of injuries last year, but not sure how bad they were.

Gunner is coming back, wants to make a NFL roster ala Milne. Baylor hinted he might hang it up and has since changed his tune.

Why losing Baylor Romney is nothing to take lightly (msn.com)

I rest my case

Fish shoots…Fish Scores.

Joe Tukuafu on Instagram: “See you in September, Cougar Nation! :tonga::paw_prints: OUAAA • :notes: Perfect Timing - @yunglb_litt”

Tukuafu likes pancakes for breakfast.

BYU Offensive Lineman Joe Tukuafu Announces Return to BYU in 2022 - Vanquish The Foe

It will be no big deal. What if he returns? Conover will be ready as well as others too.