Santa Clarita, one stop

a few more things: The sky is not falling, when I hear folks say that BYU is not playing well anymore (not singling out anyone in particular, just the general consensus of the fan base) Just remember that teams now have an entire year of film on everything you do as a team and it is just tough to get open looks so it looks like teams are struggling. But to score 85 on SCU last night, while not lighting it up from 3land…I’m good with that.

BYU scored 85 while only makings 3-13 from 3land…good teams find another way to win. top 25 teams can hurt you in many ways. BYU won with defense and inside shots last night, they are a top 25 team.

It is total malarkie to say that BYU will drop spots when they keep winning.
It is total truth to say that teams in the Big East or Big 10 will pass up a WCC teams that wins because they are playing ranked teams EVERY SINGLE game in the month of Feb. That is why they will eat up all the 5-7 seeds in the Dance. It’s just a fact of life. BYU can only make a jump past a 7 or 8 seed if we beat Gonzaga.

Childs got schooled over and over by Vrandic last night, in fact, Vrandic schooled everyone last night.

My only real gripe is our poor FT shooting. Childs misses 6 straight…that will end any hope of advancing past a first round in the Dance.

What you say is true. Baxter is a non factor and if he won’t shoot an open 3, then he becomes a liability out there.

Not too worried-even with Nixon Saturday would be a tough game to win. Gonzaga looked terrible in the first half against SF and were down by 9 at the half, only to score 50 in the second half to win going away. I would hope that a week from Saturday they will step up and take care of Pepperdine and claim 2nd place all alone. There is a lot of athleticism in the WCC this year so anything can happen. But these last few games will say a lot about seeding, though BYU is pretty much a lock for the NCAA tournament

Toolson is such a good shooter but lately has been missing from the FT line as well. When he misses, from the TV shot behind the basket, he misses to the right flinging his elbow out and leaning left. Someone who shows up at practice occasionally should point this out to him.
Childs has to stay at the line and not back away too soon. Relax a bit more and keep his chest square to the basket and elbow in as well.
We will get open 3’s tomorrow night. We have to make them and our free throws above 85%. The crowd will help if we are close.

It may be total malarkie.
But before the San Diego game BYU 's rating was 13th.
After the Santa Clara game it is 21.

How well the team plays makes a difference.
In the NCAA’s own NET rating it did rise all the way from 21 to 18.
It is easy enough to check without tossing adjectives around.

NET ranking is the most important when looking at what the NCAA committee looks at…

You didn’t say, Net Ranking Index" when you were pointing out the drop in your 1st post. Now I get where you are coming from…yes, that is concerning to me as well.
Every team has “down” stretches’ or games that are just head scratchers. SDU appears to be that on paper but having watched the game, SDU was on fire and confident at home…BYU just gutted out the win and was real lucky that Sullivan coughed up the ball on his last drive. The Houston bounce, I could go on about how lucky breaks happen to good teams for their record to be as good as it is.
BYU has the goods to go a long way in post season if Childs can stay out of foul trouble and we don’t have any more attrition/injuries to key personal.

But NET went from 21 to 18 after SCU game. Even with a loss today and Pepp we are in.

Agreed. Not sure they can go ten more straight games without a loss, (for that matter today will be the iffiest game probably until the second weekend of a certain tournament in march), but you and I are far from the only ones who think they see quite a few games left.

I am assuming that President Nixon will be back for the WCC tournament.

Was hoping he might make the Pepperdine game