Scouting San Fransisco part Duo

I agree with you. It’s been frustrating. The talent evaluation is the biggest problem to me as Toolson, Dastrup, Bartley, Chatman, etc, have gone elsewhere and flourished.

Regarding Emery’s goofy haircut, let’s remember that Baxter got that same do a couple weeks ago and we didn’t complain about it. If Emery was at least average last night (meaning we won), his hair wouldn’t be a topic.

Hmmm… I dunno. Similar but not the same. I don’t remember Baxter having the really thick badger stripe down the back. The style was there somewhat but that thick carpet mat down the back is the worst. It needs to be shortened, then it wouldn’t be so bad.

Yeh really I shouldn’t have mentioned his hc- nothing to do with anything. I just couldn’t figure out why they kept zooming in on him sitting on the bench. I actually felt bad for the kid

Floyd, mr. I am holier then thou, in case you missed it; Everyone one this board except for your new bestie have mentioned Emery and his hair cut and his poor play. You are old enough NOT to play the PC police, a major reason why this world is on it’s ear. Everyone hides in their basement and calls out everyone else. No responsibility

Stick to bball points or football and you’ll do fine.

Your right, I am old enough not to play the PC. One fact, I never have played the PC game EVER! Not my style…

I am not a holier than thou, I have enough crap in my life to remind me just how dependent I am on the Lord’s ability to forgive me for being stupid.

The difference between us? I don’t check my standards at the sporting event gate… I live what I believe at all times including sporting events and posting on fan boards.

I just think you and Jim has gone too far by some of your comments about Emery. I don’t know Emery from Adam… Don’t really care.

As my dad use to say “We all pay the piper at some time”… hopefully your ready when that time comes.

Apparently the Jason Momoa hair style is a new thing… My wife was telling me about this guy who came to the Temple, he had his hair the same way Jason wears it… he eventually used a rubber band to get his hair under control, but my wife thought it was pretty funny how much hair this brother had.

Working at the Temple has taught me not to judge people by their haircuts (seen some strange ones in my opinion) or body “tats”… I have had some beautiful experiences with people who I would never have thought went to the temple.

pretty sure that Jim said that for a kid, Emery, to come back to BYU where there has been so much harm done by…wait for it…Emery. Let’s just say that I would not be wearing that ridiculous hair cut…It is a statement. I have been in the public eye for many years and when you are in the public, you Don’t do things to draw attention to yourself unless you really want to draw attention.

Then when you do good things, people will write about it and when you do stupid things, you get written up as well. Then when you tell me that you are not PC and tell me that you go to the temple and don’t judge people…that is a dead ringer for PC police

Emery is very public and will get called out either way. When he was all WCC for 2 years and now is laying monster eggs, we are going to write about it…Emery is a mess and I wish BYU would have kicked him out forever, go repent somewhere else. I wish him all the best.

Just stick to bball and football points, which you are very good it, you’ll be fine. I won’t tell you how to live your life.

I dont have a problem getting after Emery and his haircut. This is a fan board and I am okay telling the good with the bad on this board. It’s sports, not real life.

Come on Floyd, you know me better than that. I would do anything I could for Emery if I thought he needed help with something. He absolutely is deserving of the chance to change his future actions from his past ones. He made some mistakes and so do all of us.

My problem came when he thought it was okay to come back to BYU. Why not go play somewhere else and change his future. It is like he returned to the scene of the crime and expected everything to be fine. It isn’t fine, as evidenced by his erratic play and the way the whole situation changed the team dynamics and chased some players away. What did Jordan Chatman do? What did Payton Dastrup do? What did Jashire Hardnett do? to deserve the cold shoulder and neglect as people and basketball players? They gave more to the program than Nick Emery has. He deserves a second chance, just not at BYU.

Sometimes when we focus on trying to help those who have made mistakes, we neglect or treat those who have not worse. Something to consider and think about. It is possible to have care and concern for everyone, Nick got special treatment and that is a shame.