So, we only post when we lose?

I’m trying to figure out why you think Rose is okay with all the turnovers? Do you really think that? I don’t. I see the problem mainly in the offense plays. Many times Haws and Bryant get caught having to dribble between two players or make a bad pass.
We talk all the time about how opponents guards can breakdown defenses and create their own shots. When Haws and Bryant try and do it most of the time they are selfish. I don’t buy it. You can’t want the same type of players then complain when we have players that can do it.
Mika has 1 more year to become a lottery pick. Will see how money motivated he is.

Mika is no lottery pick. He may be a 2nd Rd pick in two years. He can’t pass his way out of a paper bag right now. He has no feel for where his shooters are on the floor. He also doesn’t have a back to the basket game and isn’t good enough from 12 to 15 ft on his jump shots. He will have to work hard on all those areas to be a lottery pick in 2 years.

1 Like

Totally disagree. The defense is in his passing lanes. I’ve said before, other teams have figured out inside out offense and are in passing lanes. He has no where to pass it. Watch some early games and recent games and you will see.
Unlike yourself, scouts see his potential and what he does on a poorly coached team. I still say Mika should stay two more years just like Bill Walton did. He could be a #1 or 2 draft pick

I think Mika is a late 1st early 2nd round pick regardless of when he comes out. I agree with others that he is a good leaper with a strong body. Mika is probably 6’9" and doesn’t seem to have particularly long arms or big hands. Could he guard an NBA power forward?

Mika reminds me of Jon Brockman, who was a stud PF at U of Wash and got drafted #38 overall by the Blazers in 2009. He played 3 years in the NBA before being waived and going overseas.

He’s 6’10." He will develop his shots and his moves that will move him up the ladder. I think that if the offensive scheme isn’t changed he will leave sooner than later. The only other thing that would make him go early is if he finally gets fed up with the weak officials and wants to play with better officiating.

I’m not going to discuss the notion or ridiculous idea that Mika is a lottery pick at this point. He is not. What I want to know is why grasshopper says things like this -

If Gonzaga plays their best game of the year, it won’t matter BYU does. There is a reason they are ranked #1. They haven’t lost and they’ve beaten some really good teams. What has BYU done? LOL…

or this gem -

Do you really not think it? What does he do to reign it in? What are the consequences for erratic, nonsensical or lazy play? There are none. That is why it is easy to think Rose doesn’t care about turnovers… because he doesn’t do anything to the players that commit them over and over.

What an opportunity for BYU this season. This next game could have been huge! Gonzaga climbing all the way to number 1 and coming to the MC but BYU is totally unprepared for this game. Just imagine if they had improved, played really well, gotten their bench and role players figured out. It could have been a game for the ages.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda…

I think if we play our best game of the year, the Zags win by 8. If we don’t, I think that we are the Zags’ next 22 point victim.

I am with JIm all the way on what could have/should have and might have been. BYU has the tools in the tool box. Rose just can’t figure out that one size socket doesn’t fit all! I think we will be very lucky to not get beat by 20 points on Thursday. IF Haws and Emery and Childs don’t play defense and Mika doesn’t figure out how to pass out of the post to appropriately spaced guards on the 3pt line we could go down by 30. Sure, I don’t want that to happen, but if Rose doesn’t change things up we will get killed. If Rose plays Beo more than his average min/game this year I am going to go crazy. Rose better not change his stripes against GU and throw the bench players (that haven’t been properly prepared) into the fire that he and the star players have created or I am going to call him on the carpet. I want the same guys on the floor who have made the bed!!

Good post. The Cougar Men’s BBall team is not looking like world beaters. Mika is our real STAR. The others are real disappointments.

These responses are as I would expect from those who have never coached high school basketball or above.

Depends if we have a high free throw percentage and make out layups and short shots. If we do we can win at home.

Why on earth do you have this mistaken idea that people who have coached high school basketball know everything about the game? It just isn’t true.

In fact I know several people who have coached high school basketball for years that don’t know all that much about the game. I had a couple when I played in high school and I know one personally who posts here all the time. :smile:

By the way, Happy birthday, Craig.

Thanks Chris! I feel like a lot of Cougarfans would be
close friends if we lived close. I think CF people are awesome.

It’s obvious that many fans don’t know what goes on in practice and during games. Some even in this forum. One in particular :joy:

Right and wrong… NOBODY knows what goes on in practice and we all see what goes on during games. Hope that helps you understand a little more.

Coaches and former coaches know :thinking: